X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claredale
    replied
    Good Morning Jen!

I am finally getting to where I feel comfortable riding in a car for an extended time and I had my surgery back in 2002, so it takes the brain a while to adjust. We just got back from Birmingham after a road trip with my son and his future fiance' to look at apartments. Did I tell you that she accepted a job in the CCU department at UAB. She really wanted a job working either in ICU or CCU so that she can apply for her masters program. She wants to pursue her education so that she can be a nurse anesthesist. During that ride home, I did get a little scared when there were some stretches on the interstate without a bathroom in site. My hubby got a GPS for Christmas, so I kept trying to pull up the closest bathrooms and "Gloria...my nickname for the GPS" kept telling us that the closest ones were behind us. I did freak a little which I am sure made the urgency a little worse than it normally is. So your implant sounds alot like mine in that we still need the pain meds, and still have flares from time to time, but isn't it better than before!!!! I think I read that you have sat through a movie at an actual theater as well. Wasn't it so wonderful???

I just keep hoping that I will slowly gain a better energy level, especially since it's time for yardwork and that is a way that helps me reduce my stress level. I still can't handle more than 15 to 30 minutes out in the yard. Housework is worse, since it doesn't give me that stress relief, but I do feel good when it's clean.

Hugs!
    T83

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Hi Tracey,

Yes, I still need pain meds, unfortunately. The good thing is, it is often not as intense, so I don't need as MANY of them, but I still do have pain. My doctor said I'd probably still need them to some extent even after the implant -- since this thing isn't for pain, I didn't expect miracles with respect to that anyway

I do hear you about the car issue I can ride for at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half now. We haven't gone any further from home than that since the surgery, so I actually don't know if I could go longer... probably not, because like you I get a bit paranoid about it still

Leave a comment:

• Claredale
    replied
    Jen, I am go glad tha your implant is working out. I still have some nasty flares as well, I guess that goes with it for most of us. Are you still needing pain meds? Isn't it wonderful to not have that pee every 15 minutes especially when in the car! While I still hate being in a car for very long, I guess that is my own ADD coming through, I am so grateful to not have to pray for a decent restroom at the next exit!

T83

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Jen,

So nice to hear that something positive happend at work. Happy belated birthday to you.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    yay!!! i'm happy for you. i do hope he keeps it up...you deserve it .

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Thanks all!! I was so surprised I almost fainted yesterday. Now I have the flowers on my desk in my cubicle downstairs, next to my computer. The lillies in the bouquet smell so lovely, and they are strong enough to scent the hallway where quite a few of my fellow postdocs sit. So they are pleasing everyone!!!

Oh, I hope Boss keeps up the nice stuff. He alternates between mean and nice so fast it makes it a little stressful to go to work these days... never know what way he will be on any given day.

I've found out that I'm not the only one feeling that way though... others have mentioned that he's been moody, and the whole lab atmosphere changes when he is away (like he has been off and on this week, since his family has come in from England in prep for the wedding tomorrow).

Tracey -- my stim is doing great. No need for reprograms yet, no infections, nothing -- except blissful relief from the constant peeing!!! My pain level has decreased some as well, but I do have nasty flares.... and right now I think I've got an infection, so I feel crappy. But the stim is even keeping me from peeing too often with the infection

Leave a comment:

• sandramac
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• Claredale
    replied
    Happy be-lated birthday! I am glad that your boss and co-workers sent you the flowers!

How is your implant going??? I haven't been on the boards much lately myself.

Hugs!
    T83

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    how wonderful, glad you finally got acknowledged.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    That was real sweet of him. he's trying. Said he's getting married? So you are lesson 1, give him some pointers there. Make sure he doesn't forget his wife's b/d; or heaven forbid their anniversary!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    :woohoo:
    Better give him lessons so he remembers to treat his new wife right too!!!!! I think that every woman should get flowers for her birthday (never happens for me, but it would be nice)

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    Good for him. It's about time he did something nice.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am so happy for you Jen. You deserve it so much for all the crap you have had to endure there. They love having you

Erika

Leave a comment:

Working...
X