taking a break for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking a break for a while

My mind is completly gone again. I spent all last night crying over the kittens which in a way was also about everything else in my life. I don't want to keep posting with complaints so thought I will wait until I get things figured out. No one at my Uro's wanted a kitten so they are staying. Will argueing about them when the time comes but I am not giving them away to strangers. I know too many rotten people around here. Also told him about quiting PT. He doesn't want me to but already knew my reason why. I see her tomorrow and will tell her what is going on and see what she says. Mind wise I can't do any of the PT exercises and I have all I can do to get up out of bed in the morning. don't feel up to taking a bath either which I will have to go for PT. Next week I am skipping the heparrin which I have never done in the 8 years going for it. Had to for snow storms or when I had the flu but not for just not going.

Becareful stopping all your therapies at once. You never know they may be helping a little. When you feel better we can't wait to hear from you again.

Comment

Isn't it sad when just taking a shower is such a major ordeal?? I feel for you. I am you. (less the kittens) My favorite place right now is my bed. But it's so depressing in here. Somebody needs to come clean and change the sheets.

Comment

Mary: Please seriously consider seeing a professional therapist to help you through this really bad time.

Warm healing thoughts,
        Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I agree. It sounds like you are very, VERY depressed. Please find a good therapist to talk to. I have done that MANY times in the past and if you find someone good - it can make such a huge difference.
          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Mary,
            I am so sorry you are not feeling good mentally and physically. Have you ever tried wellbutrin xl? I wish I knew what to say to help you..
            (((((((((((()))))))))))))
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Mary..((((((hugs))))))))

I strongly agree with the others.. You should see if your doctor can get you on something that will help your depression.. I truly know how you feel though, I use to just lay in bed and cry.. But you got to get yourself together and keep going..Things will change for you one day...Just dont give up you have come to far and you were having a few good days....
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
              Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Mary I just want to send you a hug and many MORE (((((( hugs))))))
                Trishann

Comment

Mary
                  I don't think that you always complain or have only sad things to say. I see you have a great sense of humor and always a kind word of support for everyone here. I take breaks from the board, too, sometimes for just a few days, sometimes for weeks. It helps me so that I'm not all-consumed with thinking about IC and then I get off the computer and start doing other things, because guess what, we all have important things to do and think about, even though we have IC. Give those kitties and Patches lots of love, there's no better therapy than a sweet kitty in your lap.

Comment

Even though it can be real hard to get started, once you do the pelvic exercises regularly you may feel a sense of accomplishment,which in turn may lift some of the sadness and do wonders for your self esteem. Hang in there

Comment

Sending you lots of hugs - and hugs for the kitties too. Sometimes we just get on brain overload - I know my brain gets too full some days, and seems that makes me very sensitive to things, and can cry at the drop of a hat. Drives me crazy,

I agree on the don't quit all therapies at once - something might be working and you not even realize it - until you stop. And if you do decide to check into a counselor (I personally was just looking through my local directory here as I would like to start up again, it was so useful!) it can really be helpful in giving you skills and techniques to take on the world! I loved it, it gave me so much confidence, it was amazing....

But anyway, take care and please don't think you always complain - shoot, we've had some fun threads going! Gonna miss you, but I like the rest understand the need for a break sometimes....

HUGS!!!
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey
                      How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                      Previous IC Meds taken:
                      Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                      Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                      Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                      Others:
                      Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                      Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                      Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                      Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Mary:
                        I agree with the others, don't give up on all of your therapist at once- as some of them might be working and you just might not know it. Also, Please talk to your doctor about getting some help.

Just letting you know, I found you to be a very bright person; you tend to help others whether you know it or not. You have a sense of humor about you.
                        As to the kittens, in a way its good that you are going to keep them, as I know you can take better care of them then some strangers. Hope you get better soon, and get back on the boards. In the meantime, sending you lots of and

(Another)Mary

Comment

It sounds like maybe a Doctor for Depression might help. Some antidepressants help with the pain also.

Don't leave the board, it might be what's keeping you from staying in bed constantly. I did that, life goes by too quickly. Before you know it a year or two has passed you by.

I hope you are feeling better soon..............

Comment

Mary, I am sorry you are so down right now. I agree with the others, that it might help to talk to a therapist or Psychiatrist right now to help you get thru this rough time. No one would have to know about it unless you chose to tell them. As far as your family is concerned, you can just tell them you have another Drs. appt if you dont want them to know. (I know you have said before that they dont understand therapy and think it is useless.) But, I do think it could help you. Lots of people go to therapy and lots have gone in the past. (I have too!) There is no shame in getting help. It is just like going to any other Dr. when that part of your body is hurting.

I understand needing to take a break from the boards. I have to do that sometimes too. Sometimes, I get too overwhelmed and just have to take some time off for a few days. Take as long as you need, but I do hope that you come back. You are a part of our family here and we need you! You have helped so many people here and we want you and need you here.

Sending hugs,
                            Amy

Comment

Thank you all for carrying about me. It means the world. I talked with my Uro and with my PT so I am still doing the PT. My PT understood and is still willing to work with me even when she knows there are times when I just won't feel like doing any of it. I am taking Wellbutrin XL which does help some but I gues I did get on overload. Have been busy with making the baby hats and playing iwth the kittens. Just tyring to relax and not think about everything at the moment. Thank you again for showing me you care.

Comment

Working...
                              X