found pain free jeans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found pain free jeans!

I went to the Salvation Army today. Bought a bag full of cloths for only $21. :woohoo: I foudn some nice shorts, sweat pants with the elastic in the ankle. Can't find those at the stores anymore and these at the Salvation Army were in the mens department but who cares. Who can tell men from women sweat pants? Then I was looking at the pants. I was thinking these have funny looking tops to them. Each price tag had "MA" written on it. Then it dawned on me. I was in the maternity section. But I did find a pair of jeans that fit me well. Plus the extra stretching stomach part works great. Why I didn't think of this before I don't know. Next time I go I will see if I can find anymore jean maternity pants again. I am all set for summer and winter now. Anyone else wear maternity cloths?

HI!
    I found a great pair of sweat pants at the Goodwill also! They have the elastic around the legs (men's sweats) and I just love them! I wish I could find another pair!
    I have trouble wearing some jeans, if they are tight in the crotch section......they make my uretha hurt. So I try to find ones that aren't made like that. I haven't tried maternity.....but maybe I should! Thanks for the tip! Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
    Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
    Dx'd Hypothyroid
    Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
    June 2007
    Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
    First Cysto 1979
    First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
    Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
    Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
    Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
    Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
    Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
    Bladder surgery 2000
    Dx'd: IBS 2000
    Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
    Laminectomy 1989
    Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
    I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Yep, I have some really "sexy" ones ( I am still 25 after all and trying to feel like it!) My hubby loves them and had no idea they were maternity until I told him. They have a zipper, belt loops, everything like normal pants, but are lower in the waist (under my belly button ) and higher in the back and elastic in the back. They have an adjustable waist with a string and the other cute pair has an adjustable waist on the side with buttons. Have you tried the gaucho pants? I love them. Mine are a jersey material and are cool in the summer yet look almost like a skirt. Not as dressy and I can move around, but SO comfy and cool! I love used stores too (we have two kids and a low income) but I found my maternity pants on Ebay, which I also love for clothes. They were both by Old Navy and used and much cheaper than buying pants brand new. And like I said, no one can tell. I wear longer shirts with them (the whole tunic look is back so it has been easy!) and no one is the wiser!
      Rachel
      DX's:
      IC; PFD; possible Fibromyalgia; IBS;

Symptoms: Frequency, Urgency, pelvic and bladder pain, bladder and pelvic spasms, difficulty starting urination, weak stream, incontinence, vaginal and urethral pain

I've Tried:
      three Hydrodistentions, various Rescue Installments; 6 DSMO treatments; Pyridium Plus; Proced; Detrol (patch); Elavil; Uricet K; Elmiron; Nortiptyline; Ultram; Allegra; Ditropan; Ditropan ER; Vesicare; regular Lidocain; Neurontin; Lyrica; and few more I can't remember!
      Currently using:
      Valium; Vicadin; Proced DS; Claritin; Buffered Lidocain; Cymbalta; Baclofen; Prazosin @ night (also on Prednisone and Adderall for my joint pain and severe fatigue)
      Heating pads; frozen water bottles; A&D ointment; Poise pads; IC dieter since 8/06; yoga; imagery & relaxation CD, Mindfullness, self healing CD's; hot baths; seat cushion; prayer
      I am 28 yrs old, dx'ed in '06, still trying to get my health undercontrol!!

Comment

Thats Great Mary!
        I am going to look there next pay day.. I need some new T-shirts thats all I wear now is baggy shirts..lol I use to wear those tight sexy fitted shirts I prob couldnt even get one arm in them now...

Ronda
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I know I have said this on other threads, but look for pants made out of traveler's material. It is a rayon/spandex material with little ribs running down it. Chicos makes great ones. There are Chico outlets in a lot of places (Foley, Alabama-near gulf shores), Other stores carry them, but I have found the Chico ones to be the softest and they wash and dry like a dream. They have elastic in the back but are so stretchy and comfortable. You can find these online and on EBay, too. Their sizing is unique (a 3 is equal to a 14/16). For once I can be a size 2 or 3. Anyway, they are great for days when I am really hurting. Most all of the Chicos pants have spandex in them and that really helps with the IC Belly. Thanks for the tip about the maternity pants. I have Chicos jeans which stretch but sometimes the seam can irritate me because of my VV.

Janice

Comment

Comfortable Jeans!

On a similar note:

I don't normally shop in Walmart, for a lot of reasons, but I got a tip from a friend about this, so I broke my own rule and went over there. And I discovered that they have a good selection of jeans, khakis, and capris, all in stretchy fabric and with elastic waists. As long as you wear your top tucked out, they don't look any different from what everyone else is wearing. If you buy them in a larger size than you would normally wear, they still fit nicely on the legs but are loose in the waist and crotch. They are also very cheap.

I just had to tip off all my IC buddies!
            Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
            Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Working...
            X