I need a new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new job

I am a Federal Government contractor. Yesterday was terrible commute back home. Next time the Federal Government has a 2 hour early dismissal, AND the meteorologist says bad snow during afternoon commute I'm staying home. I went into work yesterday since I had to get maps out for this attorney. But my safety is more important. This is actually first time I went into work when the Federal Government had 2 hour early dismissal. I take the subway train into Washington DC. The commute from my house till I get to my office in Washington DC is one hour. I use the bathroom at home before I go and I'm ok till I get to my office. There are no bathrooms at the train station and on the train. If there was a bathroom on train it would be nice. So this is an on going thing that metro trains do. Federal Government had a early dismissal yet the metro trains didn't run rush hour service. Normally during rush hour trains run every 3-5 min, but it ran every 10-15 min! So trains were so packed I had to wait an hour for a train to be less crowded. I left my office yesterday at 230pm and didn't get home till 730pm! I was stuck at the train station parking lot for an hour! I used bathroom around 220pm. I was in massive pain stuck in traffic. I was in tears, praying to be home in my warm bed. My bladder is still in pain. When I got home I had some discharge and a little blood. BLOOD? But my period end Jan 18th. So no clue why blood in discharge. Maybe there was some blood because I held it for 5 hours. A lot of people got stuck and slept in their cars. Some went to hotels. Some stayed in their offices. I guess not everyone can simply take the day off when the meteorologist says bad afternoon commute. I will always take the day off whenever meteorologist says watch out for commute. The Federal Government today is opening 2 hours later. That is stupid. DC Government is closed. Metro trains are ok, but there are 2 other train services that take people into DC that aren't running normal. John Berry is the person behind all this. He says Fed Gov loses $100 billion if they close. I say our safety is most important. All local governments here are opened on time or 2 hour delay. Teens, college students, adults in their 30s, 40s, 50s can be bad drivers. Doesn't matter snow or ice. It's dangerous for everyone. I have a Toyota Corolla and I was lucky to make it home ok. I took the day off today and probably tomorrow. I hate this snow. I don't like hot or humidity either. I do like 4 seasons. I prefer bone chilling cold over snow and ice though. However, in parts of South Korea it's so cold that cars won't even start. Can that even happen?
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Oh my gosh!!!

I can't even IMAGINE having to hold it for that long!! You poor thing!!! I don't even hold it that long at night when I've taken a sleeping pill!!! I don't blame you for taking the day off today and maybe even tomorrow. I would need a good LONG time to recover from that. I hope you start feeling better soon!!
    BTW, I've never told you this but I have a niece with Aspergers syndrome and I'm always so impressed with the way you are able to express yourself and your feelings. It makes me very proud.
    Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
    Lexapro-20 mg
    Aciphex
    Ambien-as needed
    Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
    Valium-10 mg x2 per day
    Phenergan-1 at night
    Prelief w/everything
    Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
    Heating pad
    Hot baths
    Ice
    Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

I know what you mean about traffic, even though in Austin we are so use to it that it doesn't even bother us anymore. I had to go to a nursing facility with one of our monitors the other day, and I had to use the restroom so bad but she said this is one of the homes that she doesn't use the restroom or take any thing to drink from them...so I had to drive down the road to the nearest gas station (hoping it was clean enough to use and it was!)
      the person that I was with is from our San Antonio office (about an 1-1/2 from here depending on where she lives/work at) and when she dropped me off at the office it was around 4:00 and she called me last night and said is traffic always this bad?? of course like I mentioned we are use to it and I asked her about traffic where she lives and she said its nothing like this (yet San Antonio is a larger city than Austin) but she didn't get home till 8:00 and she said there wasn't any accidents that she can see, but I told her you get use to it and she better as she will be out here at least once a week.
      Anyway, I got off track here, but I hope everything turns out ok with you. I can't imagine the weather conditions you all have. Here I complain when it gets cold. (we get really extreme cold weather about once maybe twice a year some with ice sometimes snow (every few years). I would probably have to be covered from head to toe and layered a few times in order to survive your weather. Hope it gets warm soon.

Comment

I know I shouldn't complain about the long commute and the cost to get here. At least I have a job and I have medical insurance. I have had the same job for nearly 10 years. I got this job a week after college graduation, so I am extremely lucky. Several of mom's friends kids are having a hard time finding a job. I would love to work at this military base closer to our home. I would avoid the transportation cost.
        In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
        11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Wow 5 hours?! That would be awful. I can't believe the train station doesn't have a restroom.
          ~Ashley

Comment

I think there are bathroom at the train station but don't know where it is. It can be only for the employees. I never saw signs for bathrooms at the train station I take or the train station closest to my office. The VA Railway Express train does have bathrooms on board, but I don't take that train. But if the actual train is delayed that would be bad because sometimes the conductor doesn't leave the doors open.
            11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Working...
            X