Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvsterriers
    replied
    I think there are bathroom at the train station but don't know where it is. It can be only for the employees. I never saw signs for bathrooms at the train station I take or the train station closest to my office. The VA Railway Express train does have bathrooms on board, but I don't take that train. But if the actual train is delayed that would be bad because sometimes the conductor doesn't leave the doors open.

Leave a comment:

• LithEruiel
    replied
    Wow 5 hours?! That would be awful. I can't believe the train station doesn't have a restroom.

Leave a comment:

• luvsterriers
    replied
    I know I shouldn't complain about the long commute and the cost to get here. At least I have a job and I have medical insurance. I have had the same job for nearly 10 years. I got this job a week after college graduation, so I am extremely lucky. Several of mom's friends kids are having a hard time finding a job. I would love to work at this military base closer to our home. I would avoid the transportation cost.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I know what you mean about traffic, even though in Austin we are so use to it that it doesn't even bother us anymore. I had to go to a nursing facility with one of our monitors the other day, and I had to use the restroom so bad but she said this is one of the homes that she doesn't use the restroom or take any thing to drink from them...so I had to drive down the road to the nearest gas station (hoping it was clean enough to use and it was!)
    the person that I was with is from our San Antonio office (about an 1-1/2 from here depending on where she lives/work at) and when she dropped me off at the office it was around 4:00 and she called me last night and said is traffic always this bad?? of course like I mentioned we are use to it and I asked her about traffic where she lives and she said its nothing like this (yet San Antonio is a larger city than Austin) but she didn't get home till 8:00 and she said there wasn't any accidents that she can see, but I told her you get use to it and she better as she will be out here at least once a week.
    Anyway, I got off track here, but I hope everything turns out ok with you. I can't imagine the weather conditions you all have. Here I complain when it gets cold. (we get really extreme cold weather about once maybe twice a year some with ice sometimes snow (every few years). I would probably have to be covered from head to toe and layered a few times in order to survive your weather. Hope it gets warm soon.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Oh my gosh!!!

I can't even IMAGINE having to hold it for that long!! You poor thing!!! I don't even hold it that long at night when I've taken a sleeping pill!!! I don't blame you for taking the day off today and maybe even tomorrow. I would need a good LONG time to recover from that. I hope you start feeling better soon!!
    BTW, I've never told you this but I have a niece with Aspergers syndrome and I'm always so impressed with the way you are able to express yourself and your feelings. It makes me very proud.

Leave a comment:

• luvsterriers
    started a topic I need a new job

I need a new job

I am a Federal Government contractor. Yesterday was terrible commute back home. Next time the Federal Government has a 2 hour early dismissal, AND the meteorologist says bad snow during afternoon commute I'm staying home. I went into work yesterday since I had to get maps out for this attorney. But my safety is more important. This is actually first time I went into work when the Federal Government had 2 hour early dismissal. I take the subway train into Washington DC. The commute from my house till I get to my office in Washington DC is one hour. I use the bathroom at home before I go and I'm ok till I get to my office. There are no bathrooms at the train station and on the train. If there was a bathroom on train it would be nice. So this is an on going thing that metro trains do. Federal Government had a early dismissal yet the metro trains didn't run rush hour service. Normally during rush hour trains run every 3-5 min, but it ran every 10-15 min! So trains were so packed I had to wait an hour for a train to be less crowded. I left my office yesterday at 230pm and didn't get home till 730pm! I was stuck at the train station parking lot for an hour! I used bathroom around 220pm. I was in massive pain stuck in traffic. I was in tears, praying to be home in my warm bed. My bladder is still in pain. When I got home I had some discharge and a little blood. BLOOD? But my period end Jan 18th. So no clue why blood in discharge. Maybe there was some blood because I held it for 5 hours. A lot of people got stuck and slept in their cars. Some went to hotels. Some stayed in their offices. I guess not everyone can simply take the day off when the meteorologist says bad afternoon commute. I will always take the day off whenever meteorologist says watch out for commute. The Federal Government today is opening 2 hours later. That is stupid. DC Government is closed. Metro trains are ok, but there are 2 other train services that take people into DC that aren't running normal. John Berry is the person behind all this. He says Fed Gov loses $100 billion if they close. I say our safety is most important. All local governments here are opened on time or 2 hour delay. Teens, college students, adults in their 30s, 40s, 50s can be bad drivers. Doesn't matter snow or ice. It's dangerous for everyone. I have a Toyota Corolla and I was lucky to make it home ok. I took the day off today and probably tomorrow. I hate this snow. I don't like hot or humidity either. I do like 4 seasons. I prefer bone chilling cold over snow and ice though. However, in parts of South Korea it's so cold that cars won't even start. Can that even happen?
Working...
X