World of Warcraft - Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty easy actually!

Hey, if I can play it, anyone can. I refuse to read manuals.... I like to just plug it in and go. And, overall, it's very easy... especially if you just do a little reading and then find a guild to help you through the first part. Some people love the strategy... while others like the socializing. I'm in the latter group.

Jill
    Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

ZHeather - yay Mannoroth! Except I'm Alliance . . . but also playing with the love of my life

I can see how this can be bad for marriages. I'm so lucky, my husband and I both play, so sharing this mutual interest has been really great for our marriage!
      Karen

Comment

I got sick of Agamaggan, which is pretty much the worst server ever. I was an 80 surv hunter and 80 rogue. Alliance.

I moved over to Burning Legion which really doesn't seem like it's any better and right now I'm leveling up a belf priest named Maunder if anyone else is on there.

;P

xox

Comment

Originally posted by karen10 View Post
          ZHeather - yay Mannoroth! Except I'm Alliance . . . but also playing with the love of my life

I can see how this can be bad for marriages. I'm so lucky, my husband and I both play, so sharing this mutual interest has been really great for our marriage!

Haha well, you betta watch out for me, my hunter is now level 80, geared, and a pvp machine :P

Comment

In fear of getting pummeled on the WoW thread /duck =P I don't play WoW but I do play Guild Wars... any of you lovelies happen to play Guild Wars as well?
            ~Sera

IC Diagnosis:
            May 2008 (age 23)

My Symptoms:
            NOTE: I have been 80-90% symptom-free for ~12 months since I started my strict elimination diet!
            (Most of my earlier symptoms were not constant--they come and go but at least one is active at once)

Frequency, Urgency, Discomfort, Nocturia, Intense Lower Back Pain,
            Chronic Pelvic Pain (lower right quadrant--a sharp, throbbing pain),
            Bladder Spasms after Voiding, Nausea, Acid Taste in Mouth,
            "Body Feels Toxic" (not sure how else to explain it)

Current Treatment(s):
            (I'm currently taking a holistic approach to healing my IC through supplements and lifestyle adjustments)
            ~IC Diet (So far ~12 months into this diet!) no acidic foods, no lactose/dairy, no wheat, low fat, low salt, low sugar (new--can have yeast and soy!)
            ~Culturelle probiotic (x2 day)
            ~Nature's Way Calcium/magnesium/vitamin D supplement
            ~Total B Liquid B Vitamin Complex (sublingual)
            ~Acupuncture every other week
            ~Chiropractor every other week (for lower back, chronic pelvic pain and IC)
            ~Stress Management (this one is still a BIG work in progress... I work and go to school at the moment)
            ~My boyfriend, who supports me lovingly, 100% <3

Future Treatment(s):
            (I am planning on introducing these treatments one by one in the near future)
            ~Aloe vera juice

Other supplements and treatments:
            ~5-HTP (200mg/day--morning)
            ~L-Theanine (200mg/day--bedtime) for anxiety and restful sleep

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I still haven't started playing yet, but I wish I could find the time. Here is a snippet that came out today. I thought it was interesting:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...layers/1338761

Comment

omg no way! lol

I can't believe there's actually a whole news thread about Wow. Cool!! :woohoo:

I think it's been a big part of helping me stay sane while being on disability. Since I don't work, I don't get out much, and it's great fun to get on and play with friends every day.

Someone was asking if it was hard to learn. In my opinion, there is a LOT, and I mean TONS to learn, but you take it from the beginning and build on it and learn a little at a time, so it's not that bad.

I have 4 lvl 80's....two horde and two ally, on Hydraxis. But I am still learning things. Actually much of this is due to Blizzard changing everything practically on a weekly basis. lol I've played for about 2.5 years now.

But for beginners, not too much to worry about. I think it's tons of fun and definitely a diversion from the pain. Except when you get in a raid at lvl 80 and you're playing an important role in the group and you can't get up to go to the bathroom. But I sneak away from time to time. hehe Shh, don't tell my gm.

Deceptione and Jasmn are my alliance toons
                Felinne and Felyne are my horde toons

Stop by and say hi!
                Past treatments:
                -3 hydro-distentions/cystoscopys, with addition of medicines. Recovery took forever, wasn't worth the increased pain for several months.

-DMSO - That was horrible, it caused pain bad enough to make me cry and scream. The urologist told me it worked for everybody, so I must not have IC. Right....needless to say I didn't go back to him. (UPDATE) Just got a small check in the mail, apparently from a law suit. lol

-Elmiron didn't work. Made me gain 50 lbs. Now just using it in the installation.

IC Rx:

Neurontin, Oxybutynin, Darvocet
                Heparin 3cc/Kenalog 1cc/Sensorcaine 20cc, Elmiron pill, works for temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
                X