Nascar, anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar, anyone??

I know it's mostly women on here, but we never really talk about sports. I'm a huge sports fan. My faves are football and Nascar. I used to hate it! I thought it was totally a redneck sport...then a couple years ago I would follow some drivers...and then last year, I became addicted!!! I am a huge Carl Edwards fan. Last year at Martinsville I got into his trailer and I've been working on setting up a photo shoot with him at Roush. His photographer is so nice and we had a couple dates set, but he had some personal stuff come up. Any other nascar fans out there?? Who's your favorite driver??

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
    ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
    back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Me,me,me..lol..
    I have been a Nascar fan for years, I have pulled for Tony Stewart, since he started nascar.. That is also how me and my hubby met, because we both had a passion for nascar..I even go to Talladega when I can.. as a matter of fact my husband proposed to me at the track..lmao Talkin about rednecks...j/k

Ronda
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

LOL, leelee that's not redneck at all!! It's really cool, I think! Are you watching the Busch race now? Tony is doing pretty good. I have to tell you, I have a nickname for him, granted he's lost the weight but when he was chunky I nicknamed him Snacks and it stuck with the family.LOL.

The one thing I have learned by working at the races (I do promo work at them because it pays crazy good) is that it's definitely NOT redneck...there are so many different kinds of people there, it's really cool.

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
      ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
      back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Snacks...lol I like that....
        Yeh He had to loose weight so he could climb those fenses..lol
        Do you have any pictures of Tony that you have took? We also pull for Jr.. and now my husband is kind of pulling for Harvick, because he drives the Shell car now and my husband works for shell...
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

LOL, my hubby is a Jr. fan and Harvick lives not too far from us. I don't have any snacks pictures, but if I come across any, you will be the first to know!

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

I dated a guy for years that was a NASCAR fan. He was a mechanic. On Sundays the only way I could see him is if I went to his house and watched the race with him. I got into it while we were dating, but since then not as much. I work in the trucking industry. We are about half way between Chicago and Indy, so I always know when those race weekends are. (Hard to cover loads those weekends) I try to keep up with whos leading and whats what so that I have something non work to talk about with my guys.

Now Im with a guy who doesnt like any sports. Im a HUGE Illini basketball fan (cant believe they got rid of the chief! ), and a Bears and Colts fan. (Superbowl was hard for me..my two favorite teams!) Bears are my number 1 team, since that's who I used to watch with my mom when I was a kid. I like the Colts because of their coach and their quarterback. Class act kinda guys. Id like Brett Favre more if he didnt play for Green Bay. Its kind of a Bears thing..cant like Green Bay if you are a Bears fan. Now, if he would go to Chicago that would be awesome! Groseman can go jump in Lake Michigan

I love sports of any kind. I even like going to the rodeo. Cute guys in Wranglers! YEHAAW! I cant wait till Fan Fair in June. Get to spend a week with my two girlfriends a few months before my wedding just staring at tight cute butts . I figure that could be my bachelorette party. I dont need naked men dancing on tables...just men in Wranglers dancing to counrtry music
            Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

I like the Colts, too, I was happy to see Peyton win this year. Football and nascar are definitely my fave sports, and I like basketball a lot, too. Definitely college basketball more than the pros.

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

OK true to heart Mark Martin fan here. He got the shaft last weekend sorry everyone.

In 1996 at Richmond I was 5 months pregnant and Dale Sr was at Hooters and rubbed my pregnant belly and told me to keep birthing those NASCAR fans LOL. I wasn nor am I a Earnhardt fan but thought I would share my story.

Comment

Thats cool dancemom!!!
                  I have met a few Nascar racers, when I would get a pass to thier booths..I love Nascar and football.. I am a Saints fan.. really dont have any choice, my husband was born in Louisana and is a die hard fan, he even has a tatoo of the Saints..lol I could see me pulling for another team.. I would be in the dog house...lol
                  Hugs
                  Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Leslie,
                    I know you are disappointed after the finish last weekend!!! My hubby is a Jr fan but really likes Mark as well, and he was screaming at the end of the race. I was screaming for Elliott Sadler, since Carl wasn't up there, I had to cheer for my brother's fave guy and my second in line.
                    I know Mark ran the trucks this weekend, but I don't know how he did. Are you going to start watching those since that's where he'll be most of the time?

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

LOL, leelee, I agree that you have to be a saints fan. I think Tattoo=true fan!!! I used to have a Seminoles spear on my lower abdomen, but it's since been covered up. I loved it, but my aforementioned need for symmetry made me hate the stuff I had on my abdomen (spear, Hobbes the tiger, chinese lettering) and I covered them all with two big hearts, one with a halo and angel wings and one with horns and bat wings...then I also duplicated the blue flame I had on one side. So now, all nice and even!

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

Oh that sounds cool...My husband had to have a cover up.. he had his exs name on his chest.. and it was not small at all it went acrooss his chest on the left side.. I guess he wantedr her close to his heart...(witch)..lol.. So I told him before I would marry him, he had to do something about that tattoo..Well he got a cover up, it is an anchor splashing in the ocean, with a sunset behind it... He was in the Navy, so I guess thats whay he choose the
                        Anchor...I laughed at him and said soooo you are finally putting her well her name at the bottom of the ocean...J/K...lol
                        Hugs
                        Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Nope Claudia I have never really been able to get into the truck racing that much, if it's on ok and if it's not ok.

Comment

I've never been into the truck racing either...I tried to watch it this weekend since Carl was racing...but I just couldn't do it!

~Claudia

~ The Wizard of Oz

Comment

You know that song I LOVE NASCAR.....That is me. I totally love it. I got into cause of hubby. I now know more about it than he does when it comes down to whom drives what and so forth. I love Jr. and hubby is a Jeff Gordon and a big Jimmy Johnson fan. My youngest son loves Tony Stewart so it is fun on Sundays around here. I also have adore Mark Martin, even though he drove a (ford) this year I see him in the 01 car (chevy) so I am excited about that.....
                              God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                              www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                              Interstim Sept 2001
                              1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                              2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                              2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                              Hysterectomy 1999
                              Tubes Tied 1997
                              C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X