house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house!

I love to watch House. Wish I had a doc like him.
    not yet dx with ic-diagnosing myself as of aug 2006
    diagnosed ic-october 5 2006(huh just what I thought)

Charcoal
    cod liver oil (for vitamins a and d)
    bladder is not getting worse but maybe better
    diagnosed ibs-september 27, 2006
    don't know if it's ibs or some other underlining condition. hair loss, weight loss, constipation
    all this even though I eat.
    Mercury toxicity with Candida Albicans
    Realy toxic and sick
    Dental almagams removal and chelation for heavy metal toxins and candida cleansing as soon as fillings are out
    had catscan, ultrasound, colonoscopy
    Matthew 21 verse 22: jesus quotes"and all the things you ask in prayer, having faith, you will receive."

I eat to live, not live to eat.

I feel the same way........I just love his outlook and even his little attitude
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

gotta love a Brit who can pull off an American accent!

D
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

HOUSE is great! I have the theme song on my cell phone.
        Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
        http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

I love House. It is amazing how well he does with the accent. I would never guess that he is from GB if I hadn't read about it.
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

House is my absolute favorite show!!!!!!! Hugh Laurie is great and so's the character -- I love the attitude, and he says such hilarious things. I have the DVD's for seasons 1 and 2, and I'm sure glad the new season 3 episodes are returning next week!

Kara, where did you get the theme song for your phone???????????????? I have to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I love that show! I try to record it but usually forget!! I wish i had a doc like that also !!!
              mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
              hysterectomy 11/04,
              prolapse cervix 7/07
              diagnosed: IC 2007
              IBS 2008

Comment

Theme Song for House

Jen,

The theme song is "Tear Drop" by Massive Attack. We could not find the song as it sounds without the woman who sings it in Massive Attack so Allen downloaded an epidose to his computer. Then he took the theme song out of the episode and figured out how to turn it into a ring tone for our phones. I may be able to send it to you. I'll have to check with Allen to see if we can send it.

You can get the ring tone as the whole song by typing in Massive Attack and the song "Tear Drop" There is a woman singing on it. I prefer the way it is on the show.

Kara
                Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

I love House..
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Kara, thanks. Last night my husband stayed up until 2am figuring out how to take "Teardrop" and edit out the woman singing, then create an MP3 (we have Macs and the songs are saved as another type of file in iTunes). He had to burn a CD and then download the song back to the computer... then he found a website where you could create your own ringtone, and he figured out how to get that working and edit the song a little more. Then the website let him send the finished product to the phone. It was a real pain in the butt, but he did it for me... What a guy!!!!
                    Jen

*Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Jen that's exactly how Allen did it. I was just thinking of a way to send it to you so your Husband wouldn't have had to do all of that but Allen was away last night and I didn't talk to him until 12:30AM. The site is called http://www.funformobile.com/pages/ri...e.php?nofile=1 Something about programs called Audacity and BlazeMediaPro and LAME. He said something about using mono instead of stereo, 128kbit and about 30 seconds long. Your Husband did it! :woohoo: So confusing but I am glad your Hubby was able to do it for you.

Kara

Comment

just had to chime in...LOVE house (see my sig). 'teardrop' is the song on my myspace page .

I WANT HOUSE AS MY MD!!!!
                        (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

HI! My husband has been telling me for the past few months that we need to find a dr. like House! One who can treat ALL of my problems and knows his stuff! IF anyone finds that doctor......please let me know! lol Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
                          Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
                          Dx'd Hypothyroid
                          Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
                          June 2007
                          Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
                          First Cysto 1979
                          First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
                          Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
                          Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
                          Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
                          Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
                          Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
                          Bladder surgery 2000
                          Dx'd: IBS 2000
                          Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
                          Laminectomy 1989
                          Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
                          I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

Oh, I so wish House was my doc too... he knows his stuff, and those blue eyes and scruffy whiskers.... ***swoon*** LMAO

Did everyone see it on Tuesday when House was retaining and had to cath himself?
                            Jen

Comment

The episode this week where he had to self-cath was hilarious. Think all doctors - when reasonable - should have to go through themselves the procedures they recommend for patients? They might be a little more sympathetic then!

Comment

Working...
                              X