Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judith
    replied
    No problem Michelle. I do not intend to see the movie, its just not something I am interested in. Judith

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    Hey, Judith. Thanks~ I must have been brain dead at the time I posted that. I appreciate the clarification. Did U see the movie yet? It bears the wait in line to see it. Michelle

Leave a comment:

• Judith
    replied
    Michelle in AR, just wanted to clarify- there is no language called Jewish. The language that Jews speak is Hebrew. There is also Yiddish, but that evolved long after The Passion happened. Yiddish is a mixture of German, Polish and other Eastern European languages. Judith

Leave a comment:

• Zookeeper
    replied
    I too am going to see this movie.
    I realy like the posts on this subject it has been so touching to read them all.
    May god bless you all and shine down on each and every one of you.
    Thanks for every thing group.
    grouphug angel
    Take care.Love always, Zookeeper Kim

Leave a comment:

• ranshar2
    replied
    I, like you, Michelle sobbed with Mary. I told my husband, after seeing the movie, that I had been able to keep myself together unil "the mother's heart" was portrayed so beautifully. I believe that most mothers who see this movie will feel the same way. I was prepared for the graphic scenes of the torture of Jesus. I had seen many promos and had even bought and looked at a book of photos taken from the film that I found at Sam's, but I was not prepared to see Mary's side. Her pain and grief were beyond measure and depicted so well. I kept thinking about my own son and what it would have been like to be her and watch my son go through what her "baby" endured for me and for all of us.

It is an amazing movie and one of great importance. One I will never forget. It will remain in my spirit, always. Thank You, Lord.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    Ok. I went and saw the Passion last night. It was myself, my hubby, and our almost 12 year old daughter, Emilee. It was not as graphic as I was expecting it to be. I did close my eyes a few times but that is to be expected. It was long, and it was intense. I did not get up to pee once. (I took a ditropan about 2 hours before) There were so many things to say about this movie. First, it is not - in my opinion anti-sematic. It is true that Jesus was crucified by hos own people - the Jewish people. But Jesus forgave them and died to save them, and us. Second, It is a true picture of how things were at that time. The beating that Jeses took and the pain. The open, bleeding wounds. The chunks of flesh torn off. That's how it was, people, and that was not glossed over in any wa. The crown of thorns was beaten into his head. All through the movie I prayed and thanked Jesus for dying for our sins, for MY sins. Third - Yes, I cried. I was not crying during the beating scenes, but what got me was Mary's torment in seeing her son beaten and crucified. And how she was strength for him. That got me. I think the rest of the movie was an excellent example of showing the world what is in thebible. But I never felt the emotion of Mary until this time. Like I said, that got me. Emilee had a lot of questions after the movie. She wanted to know why there was an earthquake when Jesus died. She wanted to know why the first raindrop triggered that. I answered the best I could. And the earthquake was to rock the world and to tear the temple curtain so all were welcome into the temple, not just the important people. I reminded her that last Sunday's sermon was about that subject. I highly recommend seeing this movie. Take a friend. Take lots of friends. Just see it and draw your own conclusions. Good Luck and bring your kleenex. Michelle

Leave a comment:

• felineperson3
    replied
    Very touching, Michelle!

Thanks for sharing the reminder as that is something I think most of us have to pray about is being able to forgive others and to love others as Jesus loves us. It is so easy to love the loveable and so difficult to love the unloveable. It is also hard to pray for some one that persecutes you. But with Jesus's help, we are able to do all these things we could not do on our own.
    May God bless you- angel

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    I thought this appropriate.

Subject: How To Forgive -- WOW

One day a while back, a man, his heart heavy with grief, was
    walking in the woods. As he thought about his life this day, he knew
    many things were not right. He thought about those who had lied about
    him back when he had a job.

His thoughts turned to those who had stolen his things and cheated
    him.

He remembered family that had passed on. His mind turned to the
    illness he had that no one could cure. His very soul was filled with
    anger, resentment and frustration.

Standing there this day, searching for answers he could not find,
    knowing all else had failed him, he knelt at the base of an old oak
    tree to seek the one he knew would always be there. And with tears in
    his eyes, he prayed:

"Lord- You have done wonderful things for me in this life. You
    have told me to do many things for you, and I happily obeyed. Today,
    you have told me to forgive. I am sad, Lord, because I cannot. I
    don't know how. It is not fair Lord. I didn't deserve these wrongs
    that were done against me and I shouldn't have to forgive. As perfect
    as your way is Lord, this one thing I cannot do, for I don't know how
    to forgive. My anger is so deep Lord, I fear I may not hear you, but
    I pray that you teach me to do this one thing I cannot do - Teach me
    To Forgive."

As he knelt there in the quiet shade of that old oak tree, he felt
    something fall onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes. Out of the
    corner of one eye, he saw something red on his shirt.

He could not turn to see what it was because where the oak tree
    had been was a large square piece of wood in the ground. He raised
    his head and saw two feet held to the wood with a large spike through
    them.

He raised his head more, and tears came to his eyes as he saw
    Jesus hanging on a cross. He saw spikes in His hands, a gash in His
    side, a torn and battered body, deep thorns sunk into His head.
    Finally he saw the suffering and pain on His precious face. As their
    eyes met, the man's tears turned to sobbing, and Jesus began to
    speak.

"Have you ever told a lie?" He asked?
    The man answered - "yes, Lord."

"Have you ever been given too much change and kept it?"
    The man answered - " yes. Lord." And the man sobbed more and more.

"Have you ever taken something from work that wasn't yours?" Jesus
    asked?
    And the man answered - "yes, Lord."

"Have you ever sworn, using my Father's name in vain? "
    The man, crying now, answered - "yes, Lord."

As Jesus asked many more times, "Have you ever"? The man's crying
    became
    uncontrollable, for he could only answer - "yes, Lord."

Then Jesus turned His head from one side to the other, and the man
    felt something fall on his other shoulder. He looked and saw that it
    was the blood of Jesus. When he looked back up, his eyes met those of
    Jesus, and there was a look of love the man had never seen or known
    before.

Jesus said, "I didn't deserve this either, but I forgive you."

It may be hard to see how you're going to get through something,
    but when you look back in life, you realize how true this statement
    is. Read the following first line slowly and let it sink in.

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it.
    Lord I love You and I need You, come into my heart, today. For
    without You I can do nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    Yes, Christine. I am glad you said something. I knew this, but my hubby dod not. It is in Aramaic and (I am not sure, maybe jewish) This is the actual tongue spoken at that time. Amazing, I think. Michelle

Leave a comment:

• Misery
    replied
    I dont know if everyone is aware of this, but the film has english subtitle.

Leave a comment:

• lwilke
    replied
    Here in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories Canada, one of the smaller theatres has been totally booked up by one of the churches to the the new Mel Gibson flick The Passion of the Christ. Apparently this is a first in Yellowknife!

Arcticfox hi

Leave a comment:

• Michelle in KC
    replied
    there is a talk tonight and also tomorrow at local restaurants by some local churches. Unfortunately, I am home already for the night and tomorrow I have to work. Not to mention moving into the new house this weekend. BUT ~ I am taking time out to see it on Sunday afternoon at 4:30. By the looks of the theatre lines, we'll be getting there at 3:45! Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    Well I just found out that we won't get to see it here for about a week. All our cinemas (locally) are sold out through the 9th of March.
    But that is sooo great for Gibson!
    A lot of the bigger churches have been renting the whole theatre for viewing. And then going back to their church and having a discussion if people have questions.

Leave a comment:

• felineperson3
    replied
    Carly,
    Sorry my post appeared twice. I thought it didn't go through the first time I hit the Add Reply so then I hit the Add Reply button again--"Big Mistake", I see. Also sorry that I spelled your name incorrectly--
    Have a good night and again may God bless & help you as you make your decision.
    hat

Leave a comment:

• felineperson3
    replied
    Carley,
    I would be hesitant to offer advice about your 13 & 14 yr. old sons seeing this movie. You would be the one to know how mature they are and their exposure and ability to handle a film this graphic. I definitely recommend it for all adults, even though it is so emotionally wrenching to see our Savior endure such torture, because I feel so many lives will be changed spiritually forever from seeing what He suffered and went through just because He loved us that much!!!
    Forgive me for not feeling that I can offer any advice on your question, but if I try putting myself in your position, I feel your husband is probably right about your seeing the film first and then you will be in a informed position to make a sound decision about your sons seeing it.
    Let me hear what you decide. Prayers going up for you as you make your decision. angel

Leave a comment:

Working...
X