Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h808
    replied
    i want to see this movie so bad! my auntie lives on kauai and says she sees bethany charging it downhill on her bike to go surf. that's so awesome. i requested it at my library, but there's a wait, and i'm person 84.

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    That movie is one of my favorites. It inspired me so much and both my young daughters were moved by it as well.

Leave a comment:

• nanawaggs
    replied
    Thanks Kadi. I know so many churches in our area are showing it at family nights. What a witness and I love your encouraging statement: "This movie gives a strong Christian witness, a message of hope for those of us with imperfect bodies, and a model of family support in medical crisis. And for me, most importantly, it reinforced the belief I have that no experience in this life is ever wasted - it can all be used to help others." I particularly like the part about "no experience in this life is ever wasted - it can all be used to help others." How true.

I believe maybe you're off work for the summer? Hope all is well and you're looking forward to your new year ahead. You are such an inspiration!

Blessings,

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Sounds interesting.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    started a topic "Soul Surfer"

"Soul Surfer"

I just watched this movie on dvd last night and recommend it! It's the story of Bethany Hamilton, a teenager in Hawaii, who lost her arm in a shark attack and decided to go on with her life goals - including professional surfing - in spite of the difficulties of balance with only one arm. I also really recommend the "special features", a section of dvd's that I usually ignore, but am glad I didn't this time. There are short features on the making of the movie, how the actress got into character, the special effects, and a truly uplifting documentary of the real Bethany and what has become her Christian ministry.

This movie gives a strong Christian witness, a message of hope for those of us with imperfect bodies, and a model of family support in medical crisis. And for me, most importantly, it reinforced the belief I have that no experience in this life is ever wasted - it can all be used to help others.
Working...
X