Our goats are kidding now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our goats are kidding now...

Our goats began kidding (having their babies), 4 days ago. So far, we have 46 new goats. They are SO adorable! They sound almost human when they cry. We had to bring 2 of them to the house to intubate because they were too sick to nurse. We have to feed them about every 4 hours. Last night, they kept waking me up crying, and in my semi-conscious state, it sounded like human babies in the house!

One died this morning. We were worried that they both would, but the other one began taking the bottle this morning. She also stood up for the first time today. She was all wobbly and weak, but she is walking!

I also had to pull a couple of them from their Moms, earlier in the week. (Steve had been in San Francisco for work.) Two of the nannies had trouble and their kids had to be pulled. It was grosser than gross, but beautiful at the same time. (They usually have them very fast, so when they dont come out soon, you know they are in trouble.)

I hope the one left in the Utility Room makes it!!

WOW your a busy bee this week. Good luck and hope things slow down for you with all those babies.

Comment

Thanks, Leslie! Fortuantately, Steve's back now, so I dont have to do any more of the hard stuff. My Dad (who lives down the road), usually looks after things when Steve is gone, but he wasnt home when there was trouble. I am just so glad Steve's back!! :woohoo:

Comment

WOW!!! Amy I didnt know you had so many kids...
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Whoa... what a lot of work!!! But baby animals are just so cute!!!! I am sorry one baby died this morning. Nature can be so seemingly cruel; but the other survived!! How great is that!!
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Can you post any pictures of your new little ones??
            Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Working...
            X