No announcement yet.

I adopted them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterflow, how are your babies? I don't know if you can or not but can you send a picture of them. That would be neat. Hope you are feeling ok.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

I had an idea about the kitties. If possible, you could get a family member to put in a kitty door so they can come and go as they please. Since they seem to be used to being outside it might be hard to get them to stay in all the time. Only two of our cats go out because I know they don't leave our yard, ever. I've seen so many kitties run over because of people driving too fast through our neighborhood. Anyway, it's just a thought, and might entice your kitties to come in and out.
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Yeah, Waterflow, how are them little critters?? Keeping you busy?

Oh Trishann, those are the cutest little faces, oh my gosh, I just wanted to give them kisses, lol. I just love those little critters! I am so glad you shared the photos, they are so fun!!!!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I am sucker for the dropped ones too. They are very lucky to have you! I hope they like their new home!

Comment

Garfield is missing. Not sure if he went off looking for other female cats or something happened to him. It has turned so cold here I hope he has someplace warm to keep out of the wind. Has been 20 below zero and windy.

The catnip worked. I had put some in little balls I crocheted but she just does not want to play. Just be petted. So, I got a small dish and dumped half of the contianer of catnip in it and she pounced. Had to grab the dish so she didn't spill it all over and I sprinkled some on the carpet. Figured I can sweep it up tomorrow. She had a ball rolling and rolling while I sprinkled more and more. She is now all covered with catnip in her fur but happy. She did eat some of her cat food too. Still had to leave the storm door opened. Everytime I went to close it (was freezing) she would dart out. Maybe tomorrow she will do better. Thanks Sandy for the catnip idea. I am allergic it to but so far so good. Strange I can walk through poison ivy but just touch catnip (it grows by the tons here) I break out for a month.

Can't put in a cat door. I'm in the country and we have skunks, poisums, raccoons and neighbor cats. I'm hoping maybe by the end of April she will be tamed enough I can get her in a pet carrier to the vets for her shots. Garfield too if he is still around.

Tracey, I think if I had spilled a 20 pound bag of cat liter on the steps I would have packed up and moved out. Let the next family clean it up. Must have taken you a long time to clean it up. I spilled the small bag of cat food in the kitchen and was talking to myself about it.

You know, I didn't want anymore pets. I'm really a dog person and everytime I would see about adopting one I wanted to but then thought about the ones we did have and having to put them to sleep. At first when the crew showed up I wasn't going to "adopt" them but couldn't just throw them to the wolves. Guess it was meant to be.

I'll try and post the pictures. Give me time to figure out how.

Oh, almost forgot the biggest news of all. Patches went over to the liter box. Put one paw in and I thought Halleluiah we were going to have some liter box action. She sniffed and then left it. I kept tapping on it telling her to wee wee in it and she could stay inside. No wee wee means out in the cold she would have to go. All she did was rub up against it all the time. Also, should have called her Patches the python. She slithered around everything like a snake not knocking one item over or making one sound.

Trishann, how is the gerbil doing?

Comment

When she rubs the litter box she's marking it with her scent....she's trying to make your home her home too...just knowing she does that tells me she likes it there!
              *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Waterflow, I hope Garfield comes back home. I don't know much about cats, I am also a dog lover. We stop getting pets to after having to put down two family's pets.

My daughter was determine to get these gerbils and I caved in. I thought it might be good for her and it was. But now spike don't seem to be doing well. He had surgery yesterday and still not eating well or playing, mostly sleeping alot. I know sleeping yesterday after surgery is normal but he just not got that energy kick in. I hope it will past. My daughter seem to think the bump is already coming back but hoping it is just swelling from the surgery. I hate seeing my daughter grieve over a pet. It is so hard on her, she such an animal lover like Tracey, yep she kisses her gerbils too.

Hope your cats stays with you, I think you will enjoy them, but mostly you will spoil them.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

Aww, I hope the little guy gets well. It might take him a few days to get over the surgery like people. How long have you had him?

Garfield came back this morning and both of them are now eating on the porch. Still have to leave the storm door opened but I can call them and they will come running. Patches rolls around on the cat nip AND in her liter box. It's still clean as the day I bought it but I'm trying to get her out of the habit of rolling in the liter box. Garfield doesn't care about cat nip and he doesn't purr. I did buy my first ever canned cat food this morning. Not one or two cans but a case of 48 cans! This is really funny to me since I never in my dreams thought I would become a cat person and now I seem to be getting junk cat mail. Did give them the salmon flavored and they pounced on it. Just ate it up. Maybe soon they will come in the house but I don't know about Garfield. Since he isn't fixed will he mark his place in the house?

Comment

Its hard to say if he'll spray to mark his scent. Since he obviously knows the other cat thats there, I doubt he'll feel threatened. Hopefully he'll just rub things with his head and body to mark his scent.

Comment

I'm with Sandy, since he knows Patches, it's not likely to be a problem in the house! And maybe she likes her litter and doesn't want to make it dirty, lol!!!! I am so glad he came back - probably out Tom Catting around and marking the area of his new home!

Oh, I seriously had to take a step back when I dumped the litter - and they are carpeted stairs too! UGH! But, I got out the wisk broom, lol, just started moving it to one spot to then be scooped up, lol. Oh it was a mess!!!

You know, my mom HATED cats, well, ok, not hated, but she was not a cat person, at all. Then I smuggled my first one home - and she ended up naming the little bugger and sharing her breakfast's with him, lol. So much for the dislike of cats....hee hee hee!!!

Trishann, I certainly hope Spike is starting to perk up - I was thinking the same thing Mary was - he's probably just still dragging from the procedure, it's got to be kinda rough on a little body like that! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for you, your daughter and Spike - tell her to give him a kiss for me
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Previous IC Meds taken:
                      Others:

Comment

Tracey, I will be the only person in the world who has a sparkling clean liter box you can eat out of. Ugh, carpeting to boot. Did you have a work shop vacucum?

Now I know why they keep rubbing their faces all over the place. I just thought they had a bad case of face itching. Goes to show what I know about cats.

I tried to post a pic of them but the file was to big and I have no clue how to make it smaller.

Comment

LOL, nope no shop vac at all - eek! I had to lug my big old upright up and down the stairs, after I'd wisked up the bulk of it, lol.

Heh heh, you can have a party and use the litter box to hold up the snacks on toothpicks, lmao!!!!!

A lot of us have Photobucket.com accounts - you then upload your pics to them, creating an album. Then if you want to post pics on a msg board, it will generate the code for you to use. You just copy it and paste it into your post! Dying to see them!!!!
                          Hugs,
                          Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                          IC dx'd Nov 2004
                          Possible IBS
                          Current IC Meds
                          Previous IC Meds taken:
                          Others:

Comment

Waterflow, I am glad garfield came back. I can't wait to see the pictures of them. Well though at times garfield may thift away I think he will always come back to you. Yep garfield already cause you to worry, just can't help from loving them.

Oh Waterflow and Tracey, spike was more perky today. He even played alittle so hopefully you all are right. My daughter got tickle about you Tracey, wanting to send the gerbil a kiss. You are so much like her.

Sending many hugs, Trishann

Comment

Trishann, I am so glad to hear Spike is doing better. :woohoo: I woke up this morning thinking about him. What vet took care of him? No vet where I am will take care of anything dog or cat.

Garfield must be a prowler because he is gone once again. Not sure about getting his shots because he could be someone elses cat and came because of Patches. She came first by herself and then he came. There is a gray/white cat but that one only comes once in a while and I have never been near it. Only see it from a distance. Someone told me to get all the shots for just one cat is $150! Is that true? Gee, that would be $300 for Patches and Garfield. Think I will call the SPCA today and see if they give out shots and ask how do I get at least Patches there. Maybe I could borrow one of their humane traps. hate to do that but think that would be the only way of getting her to any vet.

Hey Tracey, you are the first to get the party invitation. Maybe it could be a "bring your own cat liter casserole surprise" party. Sure wish she would use the thing. The stress of it all is killing me. You should have had a cat liter pick me up party. For every pound of cat liter they swept up they got a cookie. I'll check out that photocom thing. THanks for telling me.

Comment

Waterflow we alway went to one Vet. and then they sold the place and another Vet. took over. We just took our chance and see if they could do anything for Spike. Found out she already deal with couple of gerbils and she was really good at it. We just got lucky I think that she knew about exotic animals.

As for shots for cats and dogs are pretty expensive, but my neighbor took her dogs to some kind of clinic and it was ALOT cheaper. The reason why we did not go to the clinic when are dog was alive because one of our dog had hip problems and our Vet. knew her condition.

I know cats around here wonder all the time and then go back home. Maybe these cats just wondering around and then comes back to your house for home. I guess time will tell. They do seem to keep coming back to you.

Hope you are having a nice day.
                                Sending Hugs, Trishann

Comment

Working...
                                X