Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing kitty

Hi everyone.
    I just needed to share with someone so here goes. Our cat Vista has been acting really tired the last two days and today we decided to take her to the vet because she started yowling at us when we picked her up. Normally she is a very quiet kitty and to have her do that to us showed us something was really wrong. Anyway, this morning we let her out to go potty and she was just quietly sitting in the backyard and my mom made an appointment with the vet but when she went to get her, she couldnt find her. To make matters worse I have been told that cats go off to hide when they are about to die! I have looked everywhere. We live on a farm so there are many place for her to hide. I panicking because I cant find her.

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear you can't find her! I know how I feel about my kitty Michelle, so I can't even imagine... I know mine have hidden when they are sick too, so it might not mean the worst, just maybe because she doesn't feel well she found a nice cozy spot... Keep us posted, k??

Thinking positive thoughts,
    Tracey
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Oh, I bet you are worried sick. I am so sorry to hear that - I sure hope you find her. Hopefully if she's not feeling well it will mean she stayed relatively close by.
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I know you must be really worried. I am so sorry. I've had several sick kitties, and I have one that actually has IC, or at least IC like symptoms. I hate that you're going through this. My heart goes out to you and I hope you find your baby soon!

Hugs, Sandy
        *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
        *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
        *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I hope she's just not feeling well today and will be back with you soon. I know cats to tend to go away and hide when they are sick; it "might" mean she is really bad, but not necessarily so.

Warm hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Hope you find her or she comes back on her own. Maybe she did find a nice quiet compfy place to rest for a while.

Comment

I hope so. We're just really worried because we were told by our neighbor that she was butted by our ram. Of course we didnt find this out until today.

Comment

Oh, I'm so sorry.... I hope she comes home to you soon!
                Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
                *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
                *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
                *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) I am sorry she is missing. I hope everything turns out to be ok.
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I just wanted to let everyone know we found Vista! She finally sauntered out of wherever she was hiding and seemed to be doing better than before but we still took her to the vet. He said she has lizard fever which is caused by cats ingesting the poison on the scales of lizards. My poor baby had a temp of 103.2 and the vet said she was dehydrated since we couldnt get her to take and food or water. Thank goodness she is going to be ok though. Thank you all for your good wishes and thoughts. It really helped while i was worrying about her today

Comment

AS a cat lover (my cat Sammy is with me whenever I'm at home, usually on my lap), I'm SO GLAD you found her. It's funny about cats... just when we're panicking they often just walk calmly back in as if saying "what's the fuss humans?"

That said, I have learned that my cats are usually not feeling well when they do talk when I pick them up... usually a quiet growl or meow. It's how I check them each morning. The last time was Shiutsa, my white cat, who had torn out a toe nail in a fight and had a deep abscess. Took a while to figure out what was wrong with him... but on to the vet we went.

BTW... I have told the story of the cat I ran to the vet for a possible "stroke" only to discover that he was stoned on catnip?? Sheesh... who knew that I cat could get THAT loaded!

Jill
                      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

YAY!!!!!! I am so happy to hear your baby came out of hiding and is going to be fine!!! That made me sigh a big sigh of relief - I can only imagine how you felt Keep us posted!

LOL, Hey Jill, better safe than sorry though!!!
                        Hugs,
                        Tracey
                        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                        IC dx'd Nov 2004
                        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                        Possible IBS
                        Current IC Meds
                        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                        Previous IC Meds taken:
                        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                        Others:
                        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

I'm so glad you found her and she's going to be okay!!!!! Its so stressful when they run off like that.

Comment

aaawe that's GREAT!
                            current meds:
                            cytotec 200mcg twice daily
                            toprol
                            allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
                            dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
                            dx: endometriosis 2003
                            dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
                            elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
                            elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
                            a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

I'm glad she's Ok !
                              Hugs Sandra
                              "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
                              http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

Working...
                              X