Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Sandy I am so deeply sorry about your little pet became ill. They do become part of the family and when they hurt we hurt. That is great that you have a good vet. There is still a chance so we will keep hoping the best. I know leaving them at the vet for couple of days is a very hard thing to do. Sounds like your doggy has a very special home and alot of lovins.

Sending hugs, hoping, praying, Trishann

Comment

I am so sorry that your baby has gotten this. When we got kane he had HW. From what we understand he was pretty far into them when we got him. He went throught the treatment and is now a big baby. If you have any questions or anything I have been there and will gladly answer any question the best i can. The treament ISNT easy on them or you so be aware of that.

Comment

Good morning Sandy. I was thinking about you this morning dropping off your dog. My dog looks so pitiful when I am dropping her off. Even if it's just to get her nails clipped. Just remember that even though she will feel so sluggish when you pick her up, she will be wagging her tail full speed in her heart!

Hugs!
          T83

Comment

Update on the dog

Well, apparently she did very well yesterday. I learned she knows how to ride in the car and she was so good, just looking out the window, behaving herself. I felt AWFUL that we were taking her to the vet on her first car ride with us. But he did x-rays and said that it wasn't nearly as bad as he had expected. He gave her the first shot yesterday, and told me to quit reading the "crap" on the internet. It's not as painful as I'd read, and what I had read was old stuff, according to the vet. He is giving her the second shot this morning and I can pick her up soon, hopefully in an hour or two at the most. Then the hard part begins and thats keeping her quiet.

I wasn't on all day yesterday, I was unable to sleep for 2 nights in a row, and slept the day away yesterday, then slept all night last night, and most of this morning. I was so exhausted from worry and lack of sleep.

I can't wait to go get her!

Well, as I was writing this the vet called and I can go get her. I'm out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
            *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Sandy,
              I am so glad she is doing well... Keep us updated please
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
              Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

We're home!

Got my baby home. She ran straight for the water and drank a whole bowl...I guess she was thirsty. She's so good in the car, I'm going to have to take her for more car rides...I don't want her to associate the car with just the vets office. She's got 2 shaved places on her back where they gave her the shots, but she seems to be ok, but really, really tired. She's got prednisone and antibiotics in case she starts showing symptoms. She also has to take pepcid AC twice a day before we feed her because she's been throwing up.

My theory, and the vet's too is that the owners found out she had this expensive heart worm stuff, then tossed her out of the car in our neighborhood hoping someone would come along and take care of her. All I can say is they go to the pound and see the flyer we placed in the found section, and they can kiss my ***!!! There is no way that dog is leaving this house. We love her too much and took responsibility for her health care.

Sigh...my girl is home.
                *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So glad your doggie is doing great! She is a tough little cookie...so is mom It was so great you took her in. She will be the most loyal and loving dog, you just wait!

Erika
                  IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                  Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                  Birth Control

Comment

She's already the most loving and loyal dog..She's SO sweet. Everyone at the vet said she's the best patient they've had in a long time. She's just so sweet, thats why I can't imagine anyone just dumping her out of a car! She's got a good home now, and I'm pretty sure she knows it. That tail started wagging when we pulled up in the driveway.

Comment

Sandy...I am so glad she is home safe with you. I do hope this treatment works and she can be free from heartworms. They are dreadful. We had Shelties many years ago and our female tested positive for heartworms. The weird thing is she only had one. All this took place in California where we didn't have many mosquitoes. We didn't notice any symptoms and did not know until we were getting ready to move to TN. We had to have health checks on both her and our male so we could travel with them. That's when the x-ray showed that she had the one. We treated her and she lived a happy, healthy life until she passed of old age.
                      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I didn't know a dog could have just one. How weird is that??? I have a lot of hope for this dog hearing all of the stories of recovery from you guys. Now we have to get through 5 weeks of no running, playing, etc....thats the hardest part I think.....but, she's not in the mood for playing. Shes already asleep on my comforter.

Comment

Working...
                        X