My New Kitty Died today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Kitty Died today!!!

I took my new kitty Smokey in for his routine neuter and front declaw with lazer today, and he died during the surgery. I am so hurt, and numb. He was the cutest little thing, and he trusted me, and I trusted them. I couldn't believe it when I got the phone call. They couldn't even tell me why it happened. The doctor said they didn't know how it happened. He was so attached to me. Like a little duck following his mother around that's the way he was with me. He was beautiful too. I don't how I'm going to get through this. I am devastated.

I'm so very sorry. I don't even know what to say. I've lost animals before but never during a routine surgery. Please let us know what happened when you find out.

I'm just so sorry. I wish there was something I could do for you!

Hugs, Sandy
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this...(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Oh my goodness. This is so sad. I am so sorry.
        Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

That's so sad. (((hugs)))
          Leah

Comment

I have gotten very upset when kitten dies. I have had one die while at the hospital after being told she was improving...it was very hard!
            Faith, Hope, and Love,
            Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
            Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Thank you. He was only 5 months old. Just a baby!! All I keep thinking about is my last kiss to him as I left him there today. I feel so responsible.

Comment

I've had kittens die before and its so hard. I used to raise ferel kittens (ones without mothers) and now matter how hard I tried sometimes it didn't work. Because they are so young its hard to feel not responsible, but its not your fault. Try to focus on the love and caring that you gave him while he was with you. You made his life better I'm sure by being there for him.

Comment

I wish I would have brought him to my usual vet. I brought him to one I didn't know, but was a reputable vet because he was less expensive. The doctor said he got through the neutering part just fine, but his heart stopped when they got to the second claw, and could not bring him back. For the last month something was bugging me about the declaw. I didn't want to do it, but my husband and I thought it would be best because the other cats are declawed. I wish I wouldn't have gone against my instinct. These are the reasons I feel responsible.

Comment

Oh no I am so sorry to hear this! Sending you big hugs

Comment

Very sad.
                      Don't feel responsible for something you had no control over. Unfortunately these things happen.

Feel better soon, dear!
                      D
                      (\__/)
                      (o.O )
                      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Gosh! I am so sorry!! How very sad! Please don't blame yourself. It was not your fault!
                        Meds I take:
                        Elmiron, Elavil, Vagifem- for IC
                        Albuterol, Flovent, Atrovent- for Asthma and lung problems
                        Paxil, Clonazepam- for depression and Anxiety
                        Atenolol- for rapid heart rate
                        Nexium- for Gerd
                        Levothyroxin- for Hypothyroidism
                        Lasix, Pottasium- for edema
                        Lipitor- for High Cholesterol
                        I coated aspirin
                        02 at bedtime

Comment

Oh don't feel responsible, there was no way for you to know that a routine procedure would turn so deadly!

It's absolutely horrible that this happened!
                          current meds:
                          cytotec 200mcg twice daily
                          toprol
                          allegra

ONLY 3 MEDICATIONS!!! YAY! Would never have dreamed this is possible

dx: hashimoto's thyroiditis 1998
                          dx: interstitial cystitis via cystoscopy with hydrodistention and biopsy 2003
                          dx: endometriosis 2003
                          dx: innapropriate sinus tacchicardia 2005

meds tried but failed:
                          elavil (6months)- severe tachycardia
                          elmiron (1yr6mo.)- no improvement, nausea, hair loss, stomach ulcers
                          a bunch of others

Me and my best friend's baby (also my Godson!)

Comment

I am truly sorry for your loss. You are not to blame. You were getting him neutered which was the loving, responsible thing to do. You had no idea of knowing that he could have passed during a routine surgery. Have faith. You have a big heart, another kitty might help you morn and remember this little guy.

Erika
                            IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                            Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                            Birth Control

Comment

Donna
                              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
                              X