Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lnseagraves
    replied
    Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Congratulations, Mamaw Mary! Cant wait to see the pics!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: Congrats Granny Mary! Take pictures for you when Patches will let you close enough, lol

Leave a comment:

• glassd18
    replied
    So cool!! I was very young when my cat had kittens, but I do rememer how awesome it was. She had them under our living room couch!!lololol

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    :woohoo: :woohoo: Marys a grandcatmaw...lol

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied

Amy I laughed so hard! What a great idea! Kitty owes you one!

Im gald to hear mommy and kitty's are doing well. She will let you see them in time.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    She had them

I finally heard the little cries at 5:30 pm. Think she was all done mid afternoon because I didn't hear anymore movements or breathing in the box. I'm guessing 3-4 since she is still growling at me. I can't even get close enough around the corner to even see the box. I was hoping she would let me see them by now. Kind of sad about that. Got to thinking she's only been around me since end of January so maybe she doesn't trust me enough. Our dog let us around when the puppies were born but then we had her when she was a pup. I did have one duck who did not want me around her nest and exspecially after they hatched. had to get in there to clean their house and she would hiss and stomp her feet. Was funny to see until she started attacking me. Wonder if she will move them over night? I put fresh water and food out for her. She hasn't come out once all day to even go potty. I'm interested to see if there are any Garfield look a likes in the bunch.

Amy, I bet your cat loved the lidocaine. I would probably have had to have 50,000 stiches on my hands if I had tried that. Wish Patches were tame like yours. I heard they eat the afterbirth for nourishment too but yucko. I do know they eat the kittie potty doings too.

Leave a comment:

• mum43
    replied
    I know how it is, my chocolate tabby is due any day now!!
    She has been attacking my 1 yr old border collie for the last 2 days and hissing at the other cats.
    She meowws constantly then runs to her box that I have made all nice and comfy for her to have her babies in.
    How many kittens have you got ?
    Kitty had 3 last time, one died then the day after she had another one.
    I think Kitty(real name) trusts me, she has followed me everywhere since we got her.
    She will only let me touch her and swipes any one else who touches her big fat belly.
    She has at least 5 in there.
    Isn't this exciting, I love watching cats have their babies don't you.
    ENJOY !!
    All the best love mum xx

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Yep, I agree with the others...she wants to be left alone (and apparently she means business! ) I was a mean one too when I was in labor, so I feel for the poor kitty.

Speaking of the "kitty epidural", I actually did sort of give my cat one! I put Lidocaine on her parts with a Q-tip to help with her pain. I watched and scraped away the part with the Lidocaine before she ate the afterbirth..(Talk about GROSS!! Seeing them eat the afterbirth is disgusting! But, it is good for them and helps replenish nutrients like iron that they lose in the delivery.) I wouldnt do the Lidocaine if I were you...the Vet would probobly DIE! But, childbirth was too fresh in my mind and I guess I sympathized a bit too much! However, I gotta say, my cat did want me around. She had hers right in front of me. Then, when I moved her to a box, she got up, and came back and had the last one in front of me too! (I guess she probobly wanted to see if I'd hand over my Morphine too! LOL! But, I didnt sympathize THAT much!

Congratulations on your Grandkitties! Let us know how they all are after they arrrive!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    I was right the first time

I was right this morning. She was growling at me. Went to check on her again and no noise in the box. Thought maybe something happened to her but the closer I got to the box she started growling and it was a real growl. I’m really trying not to take this personally and it is just the pain growling. She is the one going through it, even thought I had wanted to be there, but I know better then to argue with her. Give her space and time. I just hope she won’t be growling at me through the whole time they are growing up. I will go on my "daddy" job and do my pacing back and forth in the waiting room while smoking a cigar. Do I leave her alone over night too? What if she needs help?

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Well, decided to be brave and check on her when I got home. Found out she wasn't growling at me this morning. That noise was her way of screaming through the labor pains. Dummy me. I sat on a chair for a little while and talked to her. She was fine with me being there. Poor Patches I still think of her as the attack cat. I plan on staying up tonight. Like I could really sleep with my grandchildren being born. I'm happy, can't wait to see them, excited, scarred and feel so bad for her having to go through the pain. Have the batteries charging up for the camera. Who would ever have thought I would have grandkittens.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Yup Donna right, she might decide to hide them somewhere else.. Cats are so sweet but very strange in ways....

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    How exciting! Let us know how it goes! Too bad they don't have kitty epidurals, I feel so bad for them!
    Erika

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Be really careful that she doesn't find out you know where she is or she'll hide somewhere else. Be sure your closet doors are closed! Don't be surprised if she moves the kittens shortly after they are born. She'll keep them hidden until their eyes are open and they are walking well.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Congrats Granny Mary! Keep us posted!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X