need urgent advice !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need urgent advice !!!

Hi everyone can anyone give me some advice please.
    One of my cats(kitty) had 4 kittens 3 weeks ago, and now my other cat ( lucie her daughter) has just given birth to 4 kittens today.
    The problem is lucie keeps taking her babies out of her box and putting them in with kitty and her babies.
    I have moved them loads of times and am getting worried about this.
    They have nice clean beds and seem happy enough, but I am not sure if it is a good idea for all of these babies to be together in 1 box.
    Lucie is also feeding kittys babies as well as her own.
    And kitty lets her do it while she washes lucies babies.
    Will any of this harm either litter of kittens?
    I have tried changing box's but they still do the same thing.
    I have had IC and PBS for 20+ years.
    Tried every medication I can think off.
    Had a Clam Cystoplasty with Mitrofanoff in November 2006.
    Had a Total Cystectomy, with a neobladder, Urethradectomy and Mitrofanoff review, also had a peristomal hernia repaired.
    4th october 2007.

Check out my profile on www.myspace.com/surreychick.
    if you want to know more about me.

I dont think this is a problem at all as long as all the kittnes are being fed. It is natural for animals to take over the feedings of other babies. If you watch wildlife shows, you may see a wolf taking care and nursing puppies and the like with other animals. I think this is fine, and they perfer to nurture the kittnes together. I would call the vet for more definite answers.

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

I dont think this is a problem at all as long as the other mother is feeding them.. It might be a good idea to let her do this because the real mommy cat might be rejecting them and if she is then she will not feed them or take care of them.. So just let them stay where she puts them as long as other kitty is taking care of them.. This is a normal behavior of a cat...
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I think it is a blessing for you!! Because maybe the one mother doesn't have enough milk or something and she is great friends with the other cat. So just smile and remember that god works in great ways.....even our animals.

Take care
        Live your life to YOUR best, and Love to YOUR best!!!

DX in 03 with Shingles
        Removal of Left ovary due to Cyst in 2005,
        I have had cyst since I started my period as a child age 12
        Hysterecotmy December 06
        IC DX March 07 by PST
        2 "rescue" instills in March 07
        Cyco May 07 confirmed IC
        Uro study June 07
        1st Pain Block July 17,08
        Hydro/Cysto Nov 11, 2008
        12-11-08 was told I had alot of inflamation

Meds: Allergic to 6 things
        Premarin......taking the gen cause I get it at Walmart for 4$$
        Presique for my drepression :woohoo:
        Abilify for my depression
        Adderall ...found out I'm ADD...makes sense now
        Kolopin for anxiety
        Noroco for my pain
        Valtrex for my shingles as needed

Sorry if my spelling is off on the meds [/FONT]

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

I would just keep an eye on them, but let them keep the kittens where they want them.

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thankyou for the advice.
            I asked my vet, and he said the same as you all have, he said to just leave them to it or lucie may reject her babies.
            At the moment there is 2 adult cats and 8 babies all in one box.
            They look so sweet.

thankyou again.xxx
            Had a Total Cystectomy, with a neobladder, Urethradectomy and Mitrofanoff review, also had a peristomal hernia repaired.
            4th october 2007.

Comment

Anytime!! Glad they are all doing ok...
              Hugs
              Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
              Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
              Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
              Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
              Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

The only thing I would worry about is the one mama overworking her body to feed 8 kitties instead of just 4. Is the other mama feeding her babies at all or is the other kitty still doing her part too? It's hard work on the body to produce so much milk, so I'd definately keep an eye on them. It sounds precious though. You should take some pictures and post them for us!
                *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Both mum's are feeding both litter's of babie's.
                  I made their box bigger so they have more space and won't squash the tiny kitten's.
                  They all seem to be doing very well and are happy enough.
                  I still haven't worked out how to transfer pics yet, I took some today and will try to put them on myspace or photobucket if I can.
                  I will let you all know when I have done it.
                  Have to go out for a bit, so I will do it later when I get back.

Thankyou for the advice.
                  Hugs xxxx
                  4th october 2007.

Comment

Awww, that must be cute to see and watch. How will you keep track of 8 kittens when they are big enough to get out and move around? I have my hands full with 4.

Comment

We had to make the box bigger because the older kittens are starting to climb now.
                      They are so cute!! the tiny babie's are being very well cared for,even the older kitten's are washing the tiny one's and giving them cuddle's.
                      Right now they are all cuddled up with eachother in the middle of the box and the older kittens are purring now too.
                      I have managed to post a few pics of the mum's and babie's on my space.
                      The address is www.myspace.com/surreychick
                      They are not the best photo's and I will get better one's when I can.
                      The big kitten's are 4 weeks old now and the tiny one's are 4 day's old.
                      4th october 2007.

Comment

Working...
                      X