Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mum43
    replied
    We had to make the box bigger because the older kittens are starting to climb now.
    They are so cute!! the tiny babie's are being very well cared for,even the older kitten's are washing the tiny one's and giving them cuddle's.
    Right now they are all cuddled up with eachother in the middle of the box and the older kittens are purring now too.
    I have managed to post a few pics of the mum's and babie's on my space.
    The address is www.myspace.com/surreychick
    They are not the best photo's and I will get better one's when I can.
    The big kitten's are 4 weeks old now and the tiny one's are 4 day's old.

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Awww, that must be cute to see and watch. How will you keep track of 8 kittens when they are big enough to get out and move around? I have my hands full with 4.

Leave a comment:

• mum43
    replied

Both mum's are feeding both litter's of babie's.
    I made their box bigger so they have more space and won't squash the tiny kitten's.
    They all seem to be doing very well and are happy enough.
    I still haven't worked out how to transfer pics yet, I took some today and will try to put them on myspace or photobucket if I can.
    I will let you all know when I have done it.
    Have to go out for a bit, so I will do it later when I get back.

Thankyou for the advice.
    Hugs xxxx

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    The only thing I would worry about is the one mama overworking her body to feed 8 kitties instead of just 4. Is the other mama feeding her babies at all or is the other kitty still doing her part too? It's hard work on the body to produce so much milk, so I'd definately keep an eye on them. It sounds precious though. You should take some pictures and post them for us!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Anytime!! Glad they are all doing ok...

Leave a comment:

• mum43
    replied
    Thankyou for the advice.
    I asked my vet, and he said the same as you all have, he said to just leave them to it or lucie may reject her babies.
    At the moment there is 2 adult cats and 8 babies all in one box.
    They look so sweet.

thankyou again.xxx

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I would just keep an eye on them, but let them keep the kittens where they want them.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    I think it is a blessing for you!! Because maybe the one mother doesn't have enough milk or something and she is great friends with the other cat. So just smile and remember that god works in great ways.....even our animals.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I dont think this is a problem at all as long as the other mother is feeding them.. It might be a good idea to let her do this because the real mommy cat might be rejecting them and if she is then she will not feed them or take care of them.. So just let them stay where she puts them as long as other kitty is taking care of them.. This is a normal behavior of a cat...

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I dont think this is a problem at all as long as all the kittnes are being fed. It is natural for animals to take over the feedings of other babies. If you watch wildlife shows, you may see a wolf taking care and nursing puppies and the like with other animals. I think this is fine, and they perfer to nurture the kittnes together. I would call the vet for more definite answers.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• mum43
    started a topic need urgent advice !!!

need urgent advice !!!

Hi everyone can anyone give me some advice please.
    One of my cats(kitty) had 4 kittens 3 weeks ago, and now my other cat ( lucie her daughter) has just given birth to 4 kittens today.
    The problem is lucie keeps taking her babies out of her box and putting them in with kitty and her babies.
    I have moved them loads of times and am getting worried about this.
    They have nice clean beds and seem happy enough, but I am not sure if it is a good idea for all of these babies to be together in 1 box.
    Lucie is also feeding kittys babies as well as her own.
    And kitty lets her do it while she washes lucies babies.
    Will any of this harm either litter of kittens?
    I have tried changing box's but they still do the same thing.
Working...
X