• Show
Clear All

• jaime15
    replied
    Thanks again! I'll have to get pics up!

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    Congrats on the new puppy! I love the name, too -- very German!

(And happy belated birthday!)

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    Awww...How sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    How wonderful! For you and the dog, actually. You are lucky to have found each other.

BTW, when we got our first dog, our then 9-year old came up with the name, "Frisco," and even she doesn't know why. She didn't know it was a nickname for San Francisco, and she'd never been there, anyway. But now we can't imagine him with any other name. So, Snitzel works for me!

Do you have pictures yet?

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    pictures please

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    Sharon,
    That dish sorta sounds awful..........but those are ones, if given a chance, that become a favorite. Might have to branch out someday!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Enjoy your new buddy

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    I love the name. Snitzel is the name of a dish that my mother used to cook for dinner. It is a fried hamburger patty covered with a fried egg and smothered with chili. YUMMMMMMMMY

I already did this on another thread but I want to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Happy Birthday a day late!

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Awesome!

Diana

Leave a comment:

• VickiB
    replied
    Happy (belated) Birthday, Jaime!

I like the name Snitzel. Very unique.

Our little girl dog passed away 8 months ago, and I'm so ready to have a dog again! My home just isn't complete without the pitter-patter of paws!

Vicki

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Jamie that poor doggie, I am so glad you took her in.. I like the little gals name. Congrats to the newest member of your family.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Hi Jamie15,
    Happy Birthday!
    How wonderful that you adopted a new dog! There's SO many lonely lost dogs in pounds these days that need a new home.
    Our dog died 2 Christmas's ago and we want a new dog. Right now we can't get one but hope to soon.
    Post a picture of your new puppy! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    started a topic We have a new dog

We have a new dog

We welcomed 'Snitzel' to our family as of last night. The poor girl is a mixed breed of J.R. Terrier and something else. We found her in the backyard this morning.....full of fleas and ticks........and literally starving to death.

My b-day was wednesday so I took some b-day funds and bought the bowls, food, toys...etc......the petstore took advantage of my emotional state of describing this dog.

But it's worth it........I plan to fatten her up.....to a healthy state.......only right now you can count her ribs.

It must be fate.........we lost our kitty Smokie almost a month ago, after 11 years........so God must knew we needed something and sent this stray.

BTW.....my 5 year old came up with the name. I have no clue where it came from..........

I never knew I was a dog-lover til now.
Working...
X