Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen74
    replied
    I honestly believe that it is a nasty infection that that cats have, probably with a very evolved bacteria that cannot be cultured and is resistant to many antibiotics. I believe this to also be true of people with IC. I feel so bad when a animal gets sick, they are so helpless to help themselves. I am glad that there is at least a humane way to put them out of their misery. Too bad they do not have that for people!!!

Jen

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I had a cat with IC. He did very well with it for a while but eventually we had to put him to sleep, much too early. He also developed bladder cancer. My dalmation also died of bladder cancer.

I wonder about the water here sometimes as it's such a huge coincidence.

I'm sorry to hear about your cats...they can live a long, healthy life now tho...special foods, meds, etc.

Sandy

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    You poor thing. I know what it's like having something go wrong with your pets when it's on the weekend, or after hours. It's terribly frustrating and upsetting.
    From what I've read bladder problems can be quite common with cats. My cat is just now starting her kidney decline due to old age. Not only do I monitor my urine out put etc.etc, but I now have to keep an eye on her's too along with how much water she is drinking and how often she pees. Have you considered buying pet insurance? It's pretty common now. I hope by now things are a little better for you and the fur kids.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    cats with IC

Poor kitties. And poor mommy of kitties.

You're a good person to work so hard taking care of your sick animals.

I hope the medications for feline IC will help your cats.

Sending a hug,
    Laurie

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    When my first cat came down with IC my biggest fear (other then she would never get better at all) was one or all the others would come down with it. Mornings are the hardest. I'm just dragging myself until the vicoden kicks in but this morning was another cleaning and back to laundry. I don't know why, but when cats have a bladder problem they pee in the furniture. I did get smart and put those bedding pads, for people to use so they don't pee in the furniture, in all the chairs. Plus I've been using blankets to cover the furniture from day one. Lets just say they will not be using my place as a show piece for Better Homes and Gardening. At least with me having IC I understand what they are going through. Maybe that is why I got IC 12 years ago? So when the cats came I would know all about it because for me to have cats is really out of this world. Given the fact I had a life long fear of them and never petted a cat until 4 years ago. Anyway, I'm hoping all will get back to normal. Have to take the 5 for their rabbies shot Friday afternoon. Would take all 6 but they out grew a carrier and old "mom" is broke to the bone.

Leave a comment:

• Toto
    replied
    Oh my! That's awful! The poor kitties. Never heard of cats having IC. How dreadful for them. I can imagine you are exhausted from cleaning.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    started a topic I know have 2 cats with IC

I know have 2 cats with IC

This summer has been extra stressful. Had another cat come down with a really bad infection and I had this sinking feeling she would end up with IC like my other cat did. Her's started that way but she got better after the antibiotic and I was so happy! Antibiotic never helped my first cat but within 2 weeks it hit her harder and of course on the weekend. Always on the weekend and the only vet opened was 3 hours away. I spent the whole night up with her she was that bad. She looked like she was in labor pushing all the time and leaving little trails of blood on the floor. Took me 3 1/2 hours to get there because I got lost. Got lost trying to find my way out of the city. What few street signs there was were so small I needed bionic eyes to read them. Go figure. Anyway, I have nicknamed her my little slob messy maker. When she is really sick she poops, pees and throws up all over in their bedroom but at least it is only in their bedroom. Not in the rest of the house. So, I spent the last 3 days cleaning and washing their bedding and re-cleaning and re-washing. I sure do start to feel like I will have a nervous break down. Kind of takes a lot out of me taking care of her but has to be done. Just weird I think how I ended up with 2 cats with IC. Just hoping it stays at 2 only and none of the other 4 come down with it but I got my first credit card. Was completely broke and vet told me about care credit and I applied. Got a $2,700 credit line so here I go now....in debt..........but they give 6 months to pay it off without interest and then they charge 26%. Ouch! Kind of a rip off but that's life. I just need to buy a case of vodka to help me through this all.
Working...
X