Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could IC be caused by Chronic Infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read this quickly, but I saw your mother is prone to kidney stones which can be caused by oxalate issues. Something to check into as some people claim oxalates can cause IC if one's body does not deal with it. You can have a 24 hour urine oxalate levels test or you can have your microbiome tested by companies that do that sort of thing and report on whether your microbiome is degrading it or you can try a low oxalate diet. Some things to mull over if you haven't. Here I am giving advice and I never really figured it out for myself.
    I got IC in 1970! I was not diagnosed until 1991. I've tried many drugs and therapies but I tend to only resort to drugs when in a flare because when I am not in a flare (from being good on diet), I suffer only from small bladder volume (like about 7 ozs.) and peeing will relieve the discomfort. When I am feeling relatively normal, I say to myself I am glad I am not on a drug. When I am in a flare, I say, why am I not on a drug! I've recently have been trying to solve my connective issue problems in general. I look to diet and herbs mostly unless it gets really bad. I still think there is great hope for each individual finding a path to healing and there are many.

Comment

Working...
    X