Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MicroGen Testing/Treatment Guidance Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroGen Testing/Treatment Guidance Please!!!

New to the forum, but glad I joined! Nice to see I'm not alone in a journey that feels super isolating. I have been struggling on and off with IC since 2009. Started with UTI after UTI. Eventually my cultures started coming back negative but the symptoms still remained. I am convinced that my issues stem from biofilm bacterial infections after reading some articles about them and the newer testing technology that uses DNA sequencing to detect bacteria. I am in Canada, so my urologist was quite unfamiliar with the test. He is a young, enthusiastic urologist and was willing to try anything to help me get better. He signed off on the requisition and a few days later I had my results. I was shocked (and somewhat relieved) to see it come back with 3 different types of bacteria! My urologist had no idea how long to prescribe antibiotics for, so he gave me 10 days of 2 different types of antibiotics. I completed the 10 day course and felt no different. I know he is reluctant to put me on long term antibiotics, but I feel like 10 days just wasn't a good enough try. I have been looking everywhere online for some kind of suggested guideline/protocol on how to go about treating a biofilm, but have had little to no success. I am hoping there is someone on here who wouldn't mind sharing their Microgen journey with me, so I can go back to my urologist and make suggestions. I would like to know how long each course of antibiotics was and did you have to get re-tested after each one? PLEASE HELP! I know in my gut this is the right direction for me to go, but I just need some guidance as to what I should be fighting for from someone going through this process.
    Thank you!!!

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am having the same problem right now. My dr. is willing to sign the requisition form as well. So I am getting ready to order. Before the Microgendx results what bacteria were showing up? Mine are just ecoli now for almost a year. I too think biofilm problems. There are only certain antibiotics that you can do long term I think maybe that is why he is reluctant? MicrogenDx told me that that will talk to Drs. to guide them on results, maybe call them to see if your Dr. can call them.
    Diagnosed with IC sept. 2008, treatment then was hydrodistension, heparin instills for about 4 months and IC diet; symptoms lasted until sept 2009. Then only a couple of relapses overworking, stress etc. Then completely in remission until Jan. 2016 now pretty much symptom free as of mid august 2016.

Symptoms: overall body aches, dryness feeling at vaginal opening, sitting makes it worse, standing makes it worse, stress makes it worse, no frequency or urgency, worse symptom is at night with panging of uretha/bladder.

- went on diet, started Cysto Renew 3/31/16 and yoga at least twice a week.
    - tried uribel but really not for my symptoms since it seems it is for frequency and painful urination which I don't have
    - Ativan when needed to relax.
    - Elmiron only took for a couple of days; didn't like it
    - took atarax 1/2 10mg atarax pill at night really helped but gave me nightmares
    - tramadol worked great for back aches
    - generic claritin D worked best for me for calming bladder down and my panging
    - still taking cysto renew 4x a day and believe this and diet helped the most.
    - took dosage of cysto renew down to 2x a day and still ok

Comment

Working...
    X