Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• born2swim
    replied
    Yeah! This site is really nice and helpful! I am seeing 2 gynos, 1 uro, 1 internist, and one other doctor (who isn't treating me, but helping with referrals and things like that). I have a cystoscope tomorrow, which scares me

They don't really know what is wrong just yet. They have me on some meds, not any help for the most part. I am doing the IC diet for the most part (hard sometimes). One gyno wondered about endometriosis, the other thinks it is uro, the uro wonders about endo or IC or a urethra problem... the internist wonders about endometriosis or pelvic adhesions. The gyno that thinks it is a uro problem found urethra pain on a pelvic exam... so he gave me an antibiotic and pyridium. Now that I'm doing pyridium just at night, my frequency is worse. I am so tired of sleepless nights due to waking up all night long. With my periods, I hurt like hell, so they switched my bcp it one that makes me cycle every 3 months (and except for the 1 month long period, it's hasnt' done anything).

Anyways... yeah, I am trying to get this ID'd... and hopefully soon. I miss exercise. Classes are torture with this peeing issue. Maybe with my cystoscope I'll get answers...

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• lutznancy
    replied
    Thanks for your honesty!! I love this site, don't you? Are you seeing someone to diagnose you??

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Maybe someone else can answer your questions... I'm new to all this (and undiagnosed). From my understanding, there is no cure. You can go into remission. Triggers vary for people. That's about all I know!

Leave a comment:

• lutznancy
    replied
    My urologist wants me to do rescue instillations at home every day. I'm worried about that......I have mild IC, and right now, I'm taking an antibiotic because I had him do a urine culture against his better judgement--he said I didn't have a UTI because I had a "history" of negative cultures--sure enough, I do have a UTI!!! I knew it. The symptoms were bad. I think diet and stress are my big problems. I'm trying the elimination diet and I found out that oranges are a culprit--I'm hoping choc. isn't!!! So, here's my question of the day. Is there a cure? What are the "treatments" supposed to do? Just eliminate symptoms, but not stop the progression??? Does it progress? Is the heprin supposed to "relign" the bladder, so it's cured??? Why am I going to do rescue instillations? At home....every day.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Hyoscyamine is a prescription smooth muscle antispasmodic.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Dianne
    replied
    Calcium lactate got rid of my urethral spasms. I take three, three times/day. I get the NOW brand. At least I eliminated one problem.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 04-09-2007, 03:24 AM. Reason: Advertising site

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    I've been on Ditropan for a couple of months and it hasn't helped my urethra at all. I was recently put on an antibiotic and pyridium for 30 days to see if that makes a difference. Week one down... no improvement

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Rescue instillations take care of all of my symptoms (listed in my signature). Because it has lidocaine it takes care of my backward UTI pain.

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    The spasms and frequency were my main issue too. I never had a lot of pain except when I ate a "bad" food. I take Elmiron and Elavil and watch my diet. My frequency is down so much-I can wait sometimes up to 4hrs!!!!(Used to be an hour max) and the spasms are a lot easier to deal with. It used to be horrible and there was no stopping them, but now I can relax myself and make them go away with in 20mins or so.

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I take Vesticare 5mg - at night. Use to take Hyoscyamine (0.125mg) up to 3 times a day), really didn't do too much for me.

Leave a comment:

• Susan Osborne
    replied
    how many mgs do u take? im assuming its IC safe.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I get spasms at night & take 5mg Ditropan for them & it works ok for me. I also take Elavil at night, so not sure which one is most responsible for the relief?!!

Leave a comment:

• Dona
    replied
    What is hyoscyamine? Thanks!

Dona

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I prefer hyoscyamine for spasms.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Vicki
    replied
    I find that magnesium oxide pills work well when I am spasming. Apparently, Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. I swear by the stuff!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X