Symptom Free for 3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptom Free for 3 years

I remember when I was first diagnosed and I felt like my entire world was crashing down around me. As you all know, the pain is indescribable and you feel like you are such a burden to be around; and it seems helpless. I remember being depressed, scared; nearly suicidal. My journey to health was personal and I write to only share my experience to hopefully encourage those of you trying to get a grasp on this thing called IC. I've read some of your testimonies and everyone seems to agree that positive thinking and good moods, lesson symptoms. I focused all of my energy on healing; on getting well. Every time I felt symptoms (which in the beginning is all of the time) I would picture myself well. This was the beginning. I also started practicing Bikram Yoga which is a 90 minute class done in a heated room. I was unable to stay in the room for the whole class in the beginning (needed to leave to use the restroom)...but after a couple of weeks, I could last the whole class. My instructor was a nurse for 20 years and she was extremely nurturing. She talked about strengthening the bladder wall and pelvic floor, so immediately I was hooked. The class is so engaging that you have no choice but to focus on what you are doing (& to have your mind off of your IC for 90 minutes is a miracle). I practiced the class 4 to 5 times per week and after five months I went to the training to become a certified teacher. I have now been 100% symptom free and am able to eat and drink what ever I choose. I'm in no way saying this is the magic cure for this ailment, but I am suggesting that through positive thought, deep breathing, and concentrated effort...conditions can improve dramatically. I wish all of you health, happiness, joy, and PEACE. I would love to answer any questions, Jodi.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 05-31-2007, 09:10 AM. Reason: Removed advertising

Thank you for sharing your very positive story! It gives a lot of hope for recovery and healing.

Comment

I am so happy that you found what works for you. I hope you continue to do better and better. Thank you for sharing.
      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Working...
      X