Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing Things

Hi All,

I'm still not formally diagnsosed with IC but have had moderate to extreme bladder pain with some frequency for more than 2 years.

I wanted to share the healing things that have really helped me over the last few weeks.

One of those things is singing. I have joined a gospel choir and another singing group. Sometimes I am in considerable pain before I get there, but there is something about the effect of singing on the body which seems to help clear some of that pain. The kind of congested feeling I have in my bladder seems to start breaking up. It has been amazingly healing for me and I go home after singing feeling so much better!

I also have just finished a short meditation course. I am meditating everyday now, and this also helps the feeling of pain in my bladder to start breaking up, like there is a kind of energy flow through my body. I kind of let go and just focus on the breath. I have been doing a gentle form of yoga as well which has also been beneficial.

I am also learning to be much more gentle and patient with myself. I have a history of being hard on myself and am finally turning a corner where I'm kinder to myself. 2 years of psychotherapy has really helped with this (first went to psychotherapist when I began to lose it because of pain). I have worked through a number of issues from my life and this seems to have really helped me cope with pain along with the activities mentioned above.

I find that getting as many positives going in my life as possible seems to really help. The pain doesn't go away completely but it does improve and my mental capacity for coping with it has greatly increased.

I am going to a physiotherapist soon and hope this will help too. I just wanted to share some positive things and hopefully give some of you out there some hope.

Thanks for sharing those with us. They all sound like wonderful ways to help your body and mind.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Working...
    X