Now My Symptoms Are Only At Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now My Symptoms Are Only At Night

Since I have been taking elmiron(2 and 1/2 mos), I am really only having symptoms at night and they are mild. I don't have the frequency, but If I wake up, it seems I always have to go an I feel a slight burning, burning , but not too uncomfortable. I think it is because I don't drink water at night and I have been drinking plenty during the day. I am also less diet sensitive and can also drink a little coffee in the morning. Is anyone having a similar experience after taking elmiron?

I'm less diet sensitive too but I thought coffee was ok for me too. Maybe try stopping the coffee for a while and see if your symptoms lesson at night. And try to drink alot of water during the day and at night! I hope you feel better.
    OHhh maybe before you go to sleep try putting baking soda in water and drinking it. Maybe that might help.
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Rachel, Thanks for the advice, I will try what you said. Are you sure the baking soda is ok? Have you tried it?
      Take Care, Gwen

Comment

yea i've tried baking soda before... it helps me sometimes. but it tastes so gross. Yucky i gag thinking about it! lol I hope it works for ya. Oooo some women even tried baking soda in your bath. I dont have a bath tub so I never tried it. Good luck!
        ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
        Love like you've never been hurt
        Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Thanks, I just tried it and it does taste icky, but if it helps, I think I can handle it. I guess I never thought of it, people use baking soda to neutralize burns and bee stings, so it seems logical that it should help!!
          Gwen

Comment

Food sensitive

I thought I was not food sensitive too, especially with coffee which I love. After keeping a symptom and food diary for about a month, I discovered that I dont react to food right away, it takes my system about 4 hours.
            For instance every time I drank regular coffee in the morning, around noon I would have a fit of frequency that would last about an hour. This was just too much of a coincidence.
            I did very well with the Elmiron also, and take it with 4 Algonots a day.
            Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
            Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Working...
            X