Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY a Few days without pain

Wow,

I have been struggling with a flare for OVER two weeks. It has made me miss work, and made me miserable. It seemed my treatments, medications and everything wasn't working. I was so down. I started with a flare prior to my period after being on Sprintec birth control, and had a bad reaction. Then I took ibuprofen, after not taking it for two years due to being on Elmiron, and that sent me into a bigger flare!

Finally my doctors office suggested last Friday to drink 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda up to four times a day over the weekend and see how you feel. I have actually been pain free from Saturday until now. I worked a 10 hour day, and it felt great to be back. Finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, still sucks doing all of the treatments and everything, but I know I need to do it to maintain this feeling. Now I know that baking soda can do wonders if the pain is too bad.

My PFD was acting up a little, but that can be managed with vaginal valium tablets. I went from taking 6 to 8 Norco's a day to 1 a day (mostly because of treatment time, because I have spasms and it causes some pain). That is a huge difference.

Just wanted to share some good news. Pelvic floor therapy has been going well, and I have an amazing PT, who is now with my doctor's office so people don't have to drive hours away for the therapy. My PT owes it all to me and reaching out. I have learned a lot with physical therapy. It does not magically make my IC better, but I learn how to relax vital muscles that I did not know could hold so much tension. Taught me how to relax my pelvic floor, and my boyfriend learned internal and external massage for when it is bad. Also, has made cathing less painful too!

Everyday is a journey, hopefully this is a start to a more fruitful one for me.

Erin
    24 year old Ph.D student in Organic Chemistry

Loves to listen to music, play with my animals (cat, fish, 2 hamsters), and live life to the fullest each and every day.

My blog (just started):

http://imaginenoworries.blogspot.com/

Medications:
    Elavil 25mg (helped with nighttime urination-used to be 7 or more times a night, now just once)
    Cymbalta 60mg
    Gabapentin (Neurontin) (3200mg/day)
    Zyrtec 10mg
    Xanax 0.5mg up to 3 times a day(spasms, anxiety)
    Uribel
    Macrobid 100mg (only on days when doing an instill)
    Albuterol
    Yaz Birth Control (3 months on birth control, then period)
    Pelvic floor therapy
    Valium 5 mg (inserted vaginally)
    MScontin 30 mg (3 times a day)
    Percocet 10/325mg (every 6 hours)
    TENS Therapy, CVS machine, 30 minutes once or twice a day
    Sanctura XR 60 mg (to help control severe bladder spasms that are causing urinary retention episodes and enable normal bladder sensations)

*** 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda in an 8 ounce glass of water up to 4 times a day*****

Instill:

Currently doing hyaluronic acid instillations (cystistat-6 instillations, once a week, already had 4...not sure if helping)

Used to do these:

Solu-Cortef (act-o-vial) 100 mg: 2 mL
    Marcaine (bupivicaine) 0.5 % 25 mL
    20,000 units Heparin
    3 mL sodium bicarbonate

Diagnoses: Moderate IC, scoliosis, asthma, ovarian cysts, PFD, IBS, Fibromyalgia, vulvodynia, Fowler's syndrome (mild) 'Central Sensitivity Syndrome.'

Congratulations! I'm glad you got some relief. I hope your good fortune continues.

Keep The Faith
    Rebekah - Diagnosed with IC and Hunner's Ulcers in March 2009

Two Hunner's Ulcers were removed by laser surgery surgery Jan 15 , 2010

Proud Mother of Jeremy Jr. Born on Wed May 4, 2011

"For every door that is closed a new one is opened"

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy Name.
    Thy kingdom come.
    Thy will be done,
    On earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    As we forgive those who trespass against us.
    And lead us not into temptation,
    But deliver us from evil.
    [For thine is the kingdom,
    and the power, and the glory,
    for ever and ever.]
    Amen.

Comment

Thanks Bekah79,

There was one thing that struck me with your post. You said keep the faith, which was something my grandfather always said. It made me think of something he would say. My dad actually has a celtic cross, with the words 'keep the faith' on it in memory of his father. That just made me smile.

I'm also pain free today! I am monitoring my diet so close too. Thanks for the encouragement.

Erin
      24 year old Ph.D student in Organic Chemistry

Loves to listen to music, play with my animals (cat, fish, 2 hamsters), and live life to the fullest each and every day.

My blog (just started):

http://imaginenoworries.blogspot.com/

Medications:
      Elavil 25mg (helped with nighttime urination-used to be 7 or more times a night, now just once)
      Cymbalta 60mg
      Gabapentin (Neurontin) (3200mg/day)
      Zyrtec 10mg
      Xanax 0.5mg up to 3 times a day(spasms, anxiety)
      Uribel
      Macrobid 100mg (only on days when doing an instill)
      Albuterol
      Yaz Birth Control (3 months on birth control, then period)
      Pelvic floor therapy
      Valium 5 mg (inserted vaginally)
      MScontin 30 mg (3 times a day)
      Percocet 10/325mg (every 6 hours)
      TENS Therapy, CVS machine, 30 minutes once or twice a day
      Sanctura XR 60 mg (to help control severe bladder spasms that are causing urinary retention episodes and enable normal bladder sensations)

*** 1/4 of a teaspoon of baking soda in an 8 ounce glass of water up to 4 times a day*****

Instill:

Currently doing hyaluronic acid instillations (cystistat-6 instillations, once a week, already had 4...not sure if helping)

Used to do these:

Solu-Cortef (act-o-vial) 100 mg: 2 mL
      Marcaine (bupivicaine) 0.5 % 25 mL
      20,000 units Heparin
      3 mL sodium bicarbonate

Diagnoses: Moderate IC, scoliosis, asthma, ovarian cysts, PFD, IBS, Fibromyalgia, vulvodynia, Fowler's syndrome (mild) 'Central Sensitivity Syndrome.'

Comment

Working...
      X