• Rojo
    replied
    Re: D Mannose

Thank you. I'll up my dose. Ureathera is like molten lava today. 🌋

Leave a comment:

• Anastasias
    replied

Have they tested you to see what bad guy is in there? d mannose only helps with e-coli...
    if you google Johnny Appleseed D Mannose you get good guidance on what to take. Waterfall (big brand in the UK) recommend: Immediately: 1 heaped teaspoonful. (2 - 3 grams worth of the tablets...)
    After 1 hour: Another heaped teaspoonful.
    2 to 3 hours later: Level teaspoonful.
    Every 3 hours for first 2 days: Level teaspoonful.
    Day 3 assuming symptoms have abated, Level teaspoonful every 6 hours.
    Day 4 onwards, reduce to 1 or two level teaspoonfuls until you have finished the 50g pack.
    It's a mistake to stop taking the product too soon - you don't want to give any bacteria the chance to lurk around and get the infection going again.

just in case that helps...

Leave a comment:

• Rojo
    replied

I've been taking mannose to manage my flares. I urine dip stick almost every pee. Obviously the more pain I'm in the more white blood cells and blood I have in my urine. I have to maintain 1/4 tsp mannose every hour to keep my urine clear of the cells and blood. If I stop they light up the dip stick.

Will I EVER flush out whatever irritant is there? They multiply so rapidly it's crazy.

I've been on long term abx before. If these bacteria hide that well abx won't get them either. Just a band aid.

Anyone else experience this?

Leave a comment:

• chelseau
    replied

Thank you so much for posting. I have had the broth culture done and was on Cipro for two months. Tried oxybutynin, oxytrol,myrbetriq, and macrobid. Also, bladder installations. I used to cure myself basically for a week or two with macrobid, until it stopped working. Been on a very strict version of the IC diet. Food is boring. I cannot consume any sort of spice or salt even. Tried potassium citrate too and Vesicare. Then 9 PTNS treatments. I tried aloe vera, marshmallow root, interfase plus, garlic, and other biofilm dissolvers. PTNS really helped. Now I have been on d mannose again post PTNS, 3 pills x2 daily. It really helps with the pain. Thank you Mrs. Mack.

Leave a comment:

• Amy Albert
    replied
    Re: D-Mannose?

Health food store.. Or online.. Don't get the type with cranberry.. OUCH.. The powder seems more effective for me.. I think it's because the powder mixes with water and goes straight into the bladder, rather than the pill which goes into the digestive system.. Just my theory..

Leave a comment:

• Amy Albert
    replied

Hi! The man at the health food store said the D Mannose in powder form works better. It takes kind of like sugar.. You just put in water and stir.
    Don't get the type with cranberry.. OUCH!!

Leave a comment:

• shilpa
    replied

Thank You for the information, I got the D mannose powder day before. Wish me luck guys

Leave a comment:

• Ashlynn35
    replied

After I used pyridium I stopped using D-mannose. I just got tired of having to use it and hold it for an hour than having to urinate it out. I think I am Ok without it. I seemed to used the restroom less. So we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• loraleena
    replied

D mannose rocks for keeping away uti. Its not strong enough to get rid of my utis quick enough if I get one as i get a 103 fever within 24 hours. I have usedi it for ic and odn't think it helps me. I believe it helps people with ic who have an underlying e coli infection. Glad it worked for you!

Leave a comment:

• Ashlynn35
    replied

I can only use D-Mannose twice a day. I tried using more than that and I got bad diarrhea. And I also tried using it with 6oz of water hold it for 45 mins to 1 hour...drink a cup of water to urinate it out that was worst. It actually throbs and I feel more pain. I have to use it with a full cup of water hold it for 1 hour. But I can't use it more than 2X a day. It does help some. I see a difference after the E.R. visit. But without the IC diet even D-Mannose does not help. But with the diet it does help tremendously.

Leave a comment:

• Amazed
    replied

Before learning about IC, I'd been going broke buying D-mannose and taking it prophylactically after quitting my prophylactic antibiotic that I had been on for over a year. It does seem to help somewhat - but sometimes it absolutely doesn't help - the pain and other IC symptoms break through anyway. I learned about D-mannose online while researching UTI natural treatments. It's not cheap: Our local health store sells it for around $35 per small container which doesn't last long. For me, it's helpful - but not the real answer.

Leave a comment:

• purpleviolet
    replied

I just ordered this book and it is fantastic - "Herbal Antibiotics Natural Alternatives for treating drug-resistant bacteria" by Stephen Harrod Buhner. You will be shocked and you will educated. This guy really knows what he is talking about. You will learn a lot about bacteria and how they easily outsmart any single chemical pharmaceutical (unlike a plant which has hundreds of compounds and has had hundreds of thousands of years to evolve learning how to protect itself and likewise the bacteria which have learned how to adapt so quickly to a chemical by pumping it out of itself but the plant can inhibit that). Anyway, this is a fascinating book and if you are struggling with infections take this book to your doctor! Trust me, it won't be long before doctors are turning to plant medicine as there already is bacteria that is resistant to all antibiotics. He also wrote a book about herbal preparations to combat viruses.

Leave a comment:

• Skigurl
    replied

Hi Seahorse,

I did not ever experience burning, some others have mentioned that on other posts elsewhere but I myself had no side effects although for me I'm fighting multiple bacteria so it was useless for my infection....did not get that figured out until after I went through 3 bottles @ 40.00 each :o( Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• seahorse
    replied

Hi, I started d mannose yesterday and I was burning all day. Is this normal? and should I carry on? jo

Leave a comment:

• Skigurl
    replied

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
    I'm an occasional runner, and I have no problem with running causing flares! I can't run if I'm already flaring because it's too painful, but days when I am feeling good, it never causes a flare. I know everyone is different, but I thought I would share my experiences. Hope this helps!
    Hi Soymilk, thanks for responding! It gives me great hope that I will be able to return to running once I can get my symptoms under control.
    I notice you are not on the many medications that so many of us are on, does that mean yours is a mild case? What are your main symptoms? mine are U/F and bad pressure. The burning I have under control and the U/F are slowly getting better but the pressure has become the hardest to deal with and I can't imagine running like this as it feels like everything is going to fall out :0(

Myribetriq 50mg
    Singulair 10mg @ bed
    magnesium 500mg
    D3 2000UI
    Omega 3
    Probiotic
    D-Mannose
    DHA x 8
    Slippery Elm x4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X