Well, well, well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, well, well...

It's been a long time, guys! Since I last checked in, I have become a college graduate with a bachelor's degree. It's funny because two years ago, when I first developed my symptoms, I wondered if I'd ever make it to this point but guess what! I did!

It feels great. It feels great to know that I am doing much better now than when I first started having symptoms two years ago. It feels great to know that I finished school despite having this weird illness come out of NOWHERE and change my life.

Here's the only downside! I am "that guy" (that girl? haha) who kinda figured out that what I went to college for isn't even really what I want to do with my life.
    Oh well! At least I achieved my goal of finishing college! I am the first in my family to go to college, let alone actually graduate!
    I am taking some time off and then hopefully I am going to a school to study to become a vet tech!

Anyways... just wanted to post some thoughts!

-Started having symptoms in May 2009.

-Doing pretty well on diet alone.

It's great to hear success stories! Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

How nice to hear how well you're doing. This condition doesn't have to be a life sentence of pain and doesn't always ruin your life (like so many of us feel like it will in the beginning), so thank you for reminding everyone here that things really can and do get better.

Comment

Very few people actually use their college major in what they do for a living. I for instance was an English major...LOVED IT! Wanted to be a copywriter for an ad agency. Wound up teaching computers and running a help desk and computer training department.... talk about change of pace. A college degree will open doors for you, you just never know which ones, that is the beauty. You are young and have time to figure it out. Try some fields that interest you. now is a good time for entry level jobs (everyone wants to start at the top!) And by the way. I did write a book when I turned 40, so you never know how your degree will serve you later in life. Good luck to you, and don't give up!

Comment

congrats!!!
          I'm still only 6 months into having IC, so I still get scared it will never calm down. But it's so awesome to read stories like yours.. gives me hope. Just wanted to mention, I have actually been accepted to a vet tech program! Glad to hear there's someone else "like me" who wants to do that.

Comment

What exactly did you do for your symptoms? How did you make the symptoms stop? I too am trying to finish my schooling, but my symptoms have taken a turn for the worst and I just don't have the strength to go. I'm looking everywhere for people with answers that may help me. Congratulations on finishing your degree!

Comment

Hey I just finished my degree too Ithought I was never gonna be able to either because of my bladder. But slowly I started to get better to the place that I am now. I ahve been on elmiron for 5 months that is how I have gotten my symptoms under control. I also take colostrum and follow the diet.

Jenn
              28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Well, well, well, indeed, baaaby11 ~ CONGRATS AND THEN SOME!!!!! It sure is scary when we first get those symptoms....then that dreaded diagnosis, but YOU DID IT!!!!! You overcame a definite obstacle. Be Happy!!!!!

Best wishes for your future!!!!!
                Never heard of IC til suspected....Never knew so many suffer from it. Praying for a cure. I've found answers...so can you...keep the hope.

11/2007 IC Symptoms began during recovery of surgery for bladder susp & hysto: painful/urge/freq urination up to 50 times a day, pain walking, even water hurts.
                8/2009 Susp IC; 1/2010 Treatment began; 2/2010 Diag PFD, PT, Surg remove mesh; 5/2010 Surg, 2nd bladder repair, vag vault/sm int prolapse repair, IC confirmed in surg; 7/2010 Diag Candida Esophagitis, Gastritis, Diviticulosis, Gallstones,
                8/2010 Surg gallbladder
                TREATMENTS (updated 4/15)
                IC Diet since 8/2009 (Able to vary 4/15)
                Heparin/Lidocaine/Bicarb/Kenalog Instills 1xDay
                Aloe Vera Capsules, (2) 2xDay, Loratadine 1xDay
                Pantoprazole, Prelief, Pyridium up to 3xDay, Premarin Cream 3xWeek
                *DISCONTINUED since feeling better: Celexa 10mg daily*, Fiber supp*,
                Gabapentin 12/2011 worked well *, Macrodantin 100mg after instill*, Probiotics*, PT-PFD*, Valium Vag Suppositories: Cyclo/diaz/lido, 10/5/62.5mg *
                PROB MEDS: Elavil, up to 50mg 1/2011 ret&hbp, Urelle ret, Vesicare ret

Comment

Working...
                X