Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanawaggs
    replied
    Well, well, well, indeed, baaaby11 ~ CONGRATS AND THEN SOME!!!!! It sure is scary when we first get those symptoms....then that dreaded diagnosis, but YOU DID IT!!!!! You overcame a definite obstacle. Be Happy!!!!!

Best wishes for your future!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hey I just finished my degree too Ithought I was never gonna be able to either because of my bladder. But slowly I started to get better to the place that I am now. I ahve been on elmiron for 5 months that is how I have gotten my symptoms under control. I also take colostrum and follow the diet.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• GatorGirl
    replied
    What exactly did you do for your symptoms? How did you make the symptoms stop? I too am trying to finish my schooling, but my symptoms have taken a turn for the worst and I just don't have the strength to go. I'm looking everywhere for people with answers that may help me. Congratulations on finishing your degree!

Leave a comment:

• amy09
    replied
    congrats!!!
    I'm still only 6 months into having IC, so I still get scared it will never calm down. But it's so awesome to read stories like yours.. gives me hope. Just wanted to mention, I have actually been accepted to a vet tech program! Glad to hear there's someone else "like me" who wants to do that.

Leave a comment:

• judy45
    replied
    Very few people actually use their college major in what they do for a living. I for instance was an English major...LOVED IT! Wanted to be a copywriter for an ad agency. Wound up teaching computers and running a help desk and computer training department.... talk about change of pace. A college degree will open doors for you, you just never know which ones, that is the beauty. You are young and have time to figure it out. Try some fields that interest you. now is a good time for entry level jobs (everyone wants to start at the top!) And by the way. I did write a book when I turned 40, so you never know how your degree will serve you later in life. Good luck to you, and don't give up!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    How nice to hear how well you're doing. This condition doesn't have to be a life sentence of pain and doesn't always ruin your life (like so many of us feel like it will in the beginning), so thank you for reminding everyone here that things really can and do get better.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It's great to hear success stories! Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• baaaby11
    started a topic Well, well, well...

Well, well, well...

It's been a long time, guys! Since I last checked in, I have become a college graduate with a bachelor's degree. It's funny because two years ago, when I first developed my symptoms, I wondered if I'd ever make it to this point but guess what! I did!

It feels great. It feels great to know that I am doing much better now than when I first started having symptoms two years ago. It feels great to know that I finished school despite having this weird illness come out of NOWHERE and change my life.

Here's the only downside! I am "that guy" (that girl? haha) who kinda figured out that what I went to college for isn't even really what I want to do with my life.
    Oh well! At least I achieved my goal of finishing college! I am the first in my family to go to college, let alone actually graduate!
    I am taking some time off and then hopefully I am going to a school to study to become a vet tech!

Anyways... just wanted to post some thoughts!
Working...
X