X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earthlady
    replied
    Re: Big Improvements with Colostrum

Quercetin with Bromelain and Hyaluronic Acid are both available OTC, available from the internet or at health food stores.

Leave a comment:

• chelseau
    replied

**I think it is the lactoferrin that is contained in the colostrum.**
    You can buy lactoferrin as a supplement.
    You can also buy xylitol directly as well. I take 500 mg twice per day
    with 2 tsp of xylitol.

Xylitol and biofilms - you can't have one without the other.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohyiVI6IVBQ
    Xylitol and Lactoferrin kill enterococcus, pseudomonas, and staph biofilms per
    book - Combating Biofilms.

Still working on killing my staph and pseudomonas biofilm infection as well. I have 2 1/2 months worth of high dose cipro antibiotics. I am getting better.

Leave a comment:

• Nieceyoaks
    replied

What is Quercetin and hyaluronic acid? Are they available OTC?

Leave a comment:

• Nieceyoaks
    replied

What is bovine colostrum? Is it something you buy from Amazon? I don't gave an overactive bladder just pain with IC. I have urine retention and now stuck using catheters because a Urologist put Botox in my bladder.

Leave a comment:

• scubascott
    replied

Thats great! Are your symtoms completely gone? What is xylitol for?

Leave a comment:

• chelseau
    replied

Let us bring science into the picture. Colostrum is high in lactoferrin. Lactoferrin is a known biofilm dissolver of staph, pseudomonas, and enterococcus bacteria. Dr. Fugazotto found enterococcus bacteria in over 90 percent of patients with IC he tested using the broth culture test. I take 500 mg with 2 tsp of xylitol twice daily. Research in a book about combating biofilms supports this technique. It is working for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tina2
    replied
    Chemist wearhoue in Australia has chewable colostrum capsuals, about to give them a try. I hope they work and dont cause a flare. I just cant seem to take cystoprotek really wanted it to work but it just ups the frequency to much.
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 08-16-2015, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Yes I take it in capsuls not powder form ... although there is chewable colostrum!? lol not sure how yummy that would be. Mine is the 500mg capsuls I take up to 8 a day though but its up to everyone what they choose to do.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Does this sound right?

MIP Colostrum Capsules: 90 capsules @ 500mg pure undiluted Maxi Immuno Plus Colostrum per bottle.

Our MIP Colostrum is certified to be from healthy, pasture-fed, pesticide-free, hormone and antibiotic-free New Zealand cows. It is enhanced by an energising process to ensure biological activity.

Serving Size: 1-2 MIP Colostrum Capsules daily, with a glass of water 20 minutes before food. In sport, for maximum benefit, take an additional 2 capsules MIP Colostrum directly after sport/exercise.

I can get it shipped from New Zealand but if it has to be kept in the fridge that wouldn't work too well...

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Ok thanks, does it come in a powder. Online here I can only find it in a powder? What strength do I need to get? Some products say they contain colostrum but not how much. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hey! Pretty sure it has been helping me! I have been taking it for a month and I feel great so yep! You buy it at a health food store. It hould be in a fridge. Keep it in the fridge.

Hope it works for you!
    Can't hurt either way, colostrum is very good for you.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Is this worth trying? It sounds too good to be true? Where would I buy it? Healthfood store?

Thanks,

Claire

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hey, thats the same for me, it matches up when I started feeling really good. I do think hormones play alot in my case, and I have a feeling that come ovulation time I will have some discomfort, but I always do. What I can say is that I think the discomfort times will gradually become few and far between, I have a feeling it will just keep getting better and better... at least I hope so! lol.

My cycle has been going like this : Period I feel GREAT. Cramps, yes, but my bladder is no where to be found. lol. (I started the colostrum about the second day of my period and have been feeling really well ever since) for the five days days after period, even BETTER. When about day 8 or 9 after my period hits I start having some bladder twinges and my frequency tends to go up.... that lasts for about a week... then I start to wax and wane so some good days and some bad or "iffy" days (but I only flare if I eat something I shouldn't) and then it starts all over when I get my period.... Strange, but at least I know what im in for now.

Jenn

Leave a comment:

• Wyllyam
    replied
    Dosage

For me, I stayed at 3 per day for a long time, now sometimes only 2. I think its important to say that I have no full evidence that it's working, only that it really seems to match up within a week of when my improvements really happened. This may be a coincidence. I have also been on Cystoprotek for awhile, and take four a day since May.
    I never really had a lot of luck with other Quercetin brands, or with NSAID (Alleve) type pills. I didn't try Elmiron, as I was worried about the effects. I also did make quite a few diet changes as we all pretty much have to.
    I'm not advocating anything, just that it seems like a very inexpensive thing to try and so far I've had no side effects. My pills are ~500 mg.

Leave a comment:

• Jinny Jean
    replied
    Hey! I have only been on it about 2 weeks, but the two weeks have been really great, so either its a coincidence or its helping! Im taking 2 twice a day and sometimes three times a day. I started off slow though just to be careful and only was taking one twice a day. But good so far doesnt hurt so thats good! Im hoping its only helping

Leave a comment:

Working...
X