Feeling normal ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone!

It's great to read your success stories! I also read "Along the Healing Path" and I've wanted to try colostrum for over a year now. However, I was tested for food sensitivities last year and found out I am allergic to cow's milk—so I thought colostrum would be out of the question for me. But I just found out that there's Goat Milk Colostrum. I am so excited to try this as soon as I can! I'm suffering so much and desperate for relief. This information might be helpful for those of you who are lactose intolerant or sensitive to cow's milk.

Also, I've decided to try eating more raw foods...and gradually phase to eating an almost 100% raw diet. I just keep reading/hearing so much information about this diet and how it helps people detoxify and heal, so I think there's a good chance it will help me too.

Do any of you have ideas about where I can find information about raw vegetable and fruit smoothies that are easy to make, tasty, and IC diet-friendly? Could you share any of your recipes? Thanks in advance!

Comment

I am taking colostrum and I am lactose intolerant but for a weird reason I have no problem with high quality colostrum.
      I am also on raw food diet, 2 months now and I already feel much better, yes detox can be a hard thing and sometimes symptoms seems worse as IC, specially in the beginning but after few weeks things are slowly calming down. I am not saving this kind of diet is for every IC but it sure is for me and few other ladies I met who healed (well cured, healed or remission., I dont really care which as long as it works).
      There is a group in FB which is dedicated to natural healing of IC and most people who are there are doing raw food diet to heal IC and many in there are those who had IC and are not totally symptom free being on raw ffood for 6 months, 1-2-3 years . Send me a note if you want to hear more about the group and if you want a link.
      As I said, this might won´t work for everybody but it you do wish to eat more raw, that group is a great start.

I am eating fruit, veggies, I am making green and fruit smoothies, seeds, time to time I have some steamed veggies and baked potato or quinoa, herbal teas (right now I am having organic licorice tea, yummy) specially now in colder weather, but other than that I am between 80-100% raw and this diet works for me, at least for now
      I am not an English native.
      I am starting with raw food diet, juices and green smoothies and salads. Nothing else (rx meds and holistic things like cystoprotek, IC aloe vera) helps with my frequency, urgency and burning. I was also tested and I am gluten sensitive, lactose intolerant, few other food allergies, so all in all it made perfect sense to try go "raw". Fingers crossed

Right now I am on:
      Vesicare 5 mg
      Other stuff:
      Herbal mix for bladder and kidneys
      Herbal mix for adrenals
      Fish Oil
      Bladder Control
      Colostrum
      Probiotics

Comment

Thanks for the info Bojana. I think that what makes IC a tricky disease is that it's not the same for everyone...but we all have very toxic, out of balance bodies in one form or another. I just found out I have hypothyroidism, and I am deficient in iron and vitamin B12. So, going 100% raw is probably not the best idea now—I need to eat a lot of fish and some meat for the iron and B12—but I think going mostly raw would be a good idea.

In addition to my vitamin/mineral deficiencies, I also found out that I am fighting chronic infection (I am not surprised!) since I have a low white blood cell count.

That's amazing that the colostrum isn't bothering you. Maybe because it is only a small part of the milk (not the part that contains lactose?). I'll have to think about trying it, and do some more research before I decide.

I would really like to hear more about the Facebook group. I feel excited to meet other people who are passionate about taking the (mostly) natural route. I believe that medications cannot heal you—they only suppress symptoms—and actually cause more problems eventually because of all the side effects.

Please do send me the link to the Facebook group.

Take care

Comment

Daniela, I sent you PM
          I am not an English native.
          I am starting with raw food diet, juices and green smoothies and salads. Nothing else (rx meds and holistic things like cystoprotek, IC aloe vera) helps with my frequency, urgency and burning. I was also tested and I am gluten sensitive, lactose intolerant, few other food allergies, so all in all it made perfect sense to try go "raw". Fingers crossed

Right now I am on:
          Vesicare 5 mg
          Other stuff:
          Herbal mix for bladder and kidneys
          Herbal mix for adrenals
          Fish Oil
          Bladder Control
          Colostrum
          Probiotics

Comment

So good to read that you are feeling "normal" Who ever thought before they were diagnosed with ic that feeling "normal" would be so great! I am on a roll feeling normal for the past 15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. and so very grateful for my health.

Comment

Hey!!! I have a few posts hanging around that explain what smoothies I usedto make. They were all with veggies and fruit, mostly pears though, carrots, celery, squash, almondmilk, spinach, an apple or two and coconut milk. blended together. Helped alot when I was first suffering!

I also read that even if you are allergic to cows milk colostrum is still ok for many people. So I would try it before I tried goats milk? Either way colostrum from a cow or a goat will still be very benificial.

Im still doing really well! I am taking a multi vitamine now, well- greens plus and fish oil. Still taking the colostrum too about 4 a day now.

I just got back from a surfing trip on vancouver island and had the most amazing time! Bladder didnt bother me at all and I even got to have a cup of tea every morning! RED ROSE TEA lol ... mmm to die for

Hope everyone is feeling good!

Jenn
              28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

I'm on a roll with feeling normal too. Five months now and keeping fingers crossed. No meds or supplements other than my vitamins, fish oil and modified diet. I had tried the colostrum and at first it seemed to feel really good but then I developed diarrhea. Not sure why so if anyone has any ideas or has had a similar reaction I would love to hear.

Comment

You are an inspiration. I too am doing quite well managing IC.

Comment

Great news!

Jenn,
                    glad to hear that your feeling more like you! I've been around the boards about the same length of time and I'm glad to report things have improved over here as well.
                    It's nice to appreciate how feeling good feels. What a gift!

Cheers-
                    Joslyn
                    IC symptoms in May 2011
                    Mild IC dx by Cysto July 2011
                    Symtoms decrease 80% by September 2011!

Tums 100mg
                    fish oil 3-5 grams
                    Probiotic 5 billion
                    Magnesium
                    Bladder Ease
                    Unda Drops
                    Mediclear Plus Protein Shake

Physical Therapy Graduate!
                    Meditation 2x a day
                    Running
                    Castor oil pack
                    Teas (nettle leaf, linden flower, camomile, marshmellow root)

Have tried
                    In office instills (pridium, heprin, lidocain, elmiron)
                    Cystoprotec
                    Desert Harvest Aloe
                    atarax 25 mg
                    Vesicare
                    Lexapro
                    5HTP
                    sanctura

Comment

Working...
                    X