No announcement yet.

It will NOT always be this way!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gained 20 pounds from elavil. i always maintained my weight,might go up or down a pound. I eat less now then before and activity level is the same. I mentioned it to my dr and he said it is not the elavil...I didnt argue but I know my body. the weight came on one pound a day each day til i gained 20 pounds.

Comment

Mary!

Are you still on the medication or something different? I feel like I might stop taking it! I still workout, and watch what I eat but I feel like its still putting some weight on me! ? Its a bummer..

Comment

samanthareiche

I am still taking it as I feel it does help my ic. I am afraid to stop taking it and go back into that cycle of pain. I think it also helps me sleep.My doctor does NOT give out any pain meds so this is my only option from HIM.

I did lose 15 pounds . How did I do that?? I got a puppy and I am chasing her around all day and night. I also take her for long walks to burn her energy off. She is a chocolate labrador with HIGH ENERGY!! i used to be able to eat like a horse and not gain a pound (was always slim) but since going on all these meds it seems to have slowed down my metabolism. I eat smaller meals now.

Comment

IC Support Group in Portland

Originally posted by samanthareiche View Post
          Hello to anyone who might be able to help, or support me?

My name is Samantha. I just recently have discovered I have IC, and I'm so new to it all! I feel alone because know one understands the pain I'm in! You all seem so strong, and have discovered how to live with it! TEACH ME! PLEASE! I find my issue being the diet. I been wanting juice, but every juice seems to be something I cant have.?
          Hi Samantha, Just wanted to let you know that there is an IC support group that meets here in Portland every other month. Find out more here: www.icsupportor.org I've gotten a lot out of the meetings and often there are guest speakers.

-Serra
          Current treatments that help:
          5 mg Valium suppositories for pelvic floor
          Pyridium as needed
          TENS unit during flares
          Heating pad
          Hot baths
          IC Diet

Comment

Working...
          X