Great vacation!!!! So happy:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great vacation!!!! So happy:)

So happy! I just got back from a two week vacation for French language immersion in Quebec City. I learned lots of French, saw beautiful places, met really really nice people from several countries, and relaxed. A few minor mishaps, but nothing too problematic. I'd say this was the first time since I got IC, that I felt truly like myself, the person I was before I got sick. I'm already making plans to continue learning French at home & have begun setting up a trip for next year My IC is not in remission, I still had some level of symptoms during the two weeks, but it was manageable, even a little better than at home. So, travel can maybe still be enjoyed, even with IC!
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

That is great news! So happy you had a good time

Pam

Comment

C'est tres magnifique!

Suzi

Comment

great trip

Originally posted by kadi View Post
        So happy! I just got back from a two week vacation for French language immersion in Quebec City. I learned lots of French, saw beautiful places, met really really nice people from several countries, and relaxed. A few minor mishaps, but nothing too problematic. I'd say this was the first time since I got IC, that I felt truly like myself, the person I was before I got sick. I'm already making plans to continue learning French at home & have begun setting up a trip for next year My IC is not in remission, I still had some level of symptoms during the two weeks, but it was manageable, even a little better than at home. So, travel can maybe still be enjoyed, even with IC!

Kadi,
        That's excellent!

Laurie
        p.s. Love the jokes!

Comment

Good for you!
          Maria

Current medication: Soul-searching

Vitamin D and B, Green smoothies, infrared sauna use, walking, cleansing, still seeking doctors to help find THE CAUSE of this--autoimmune or infection.

Comment

Kadi, It was wonderful to read your post. I am so happy for you!!!

Comment

That is soooo encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
              My current regimen:
              Dancing, Laughing, Petting Emily and Louise - my shihtzus

Tried and gave up on:
              Diazepam
              PFD
              Warm Baths
              Millions of supplements
              Elmiron instillations - did 5 weekly instills and did not help. Gave up.
              Oxytrol patch - no consistent relief after 3 weeks and very expensive
              Sanctura XR - tried for 6 weeks with no consistent relief
              Imipramine - tried for a week, but started to have a "hesitant" void - kind of twitchy.
              PTNS - doctor's office was disorganized, appts took hours and gave up after 4 treatments
              Vaginal valium suppositories - not as effective as taking valium orally
              Cystoprotek - ridiculously overpriced - taking same supplements from CVS
              Elmiron - 100mg in the morn, 200mg in the late afternoon - no results after 1 year
              Elavil - 25 mg at night- no consistent relief and 5 extra pounds
              IV Vitamin C - the only person with an allergic reaction to Vitamin C drips
              Hormones

Comment

So glad you had a great trip!

My daughter is taking French in school. Her Dad wanted her to take Spanish since he is 1/2 Mexican. But she really wanted to take French. She had to promise to switch to Spanish in HS. But I'll let her continue with French if she wants. As you know, there are other ways to learn a language if she wants to learn Spanish down the road.

Comment

Hey Kadi,

I'm pretty new here - but it's soooo good to read your story!

I love travelling and have been lots of places - but when my symptoms started i've always feared that would be it - no more travel.

Your story shows it doesn't have to be like that...thank you!

Comment

Yay! Im so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to travel!!!
                    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Working...
                    X