No announcement yet.

An updated story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jess. I'm so happy for your results with InterStim. You are so very brave. I'm suppose to have the procedure later this month. Just waiting for the hospital to get the equipment. Like you were, I'm terrified of all these wires that will be going into my back. I suffer from a lot of bladder pain and I know InterStim won't stop that but hopefully will help with the urgency. Jess, during the initial trial was the devise in a box that you held or maybe worn on a belt? Could you go outside? I know so little about what to expect and my imagination isn't helping. Today the urgency was so bad but luckly a strong percocet helped for a while. You're so young to have gone thru so much and who knows why we have this awful disease. But knowing that you and others are out there has helped me deal with so much better. I never write in but I do read this message board. It really does help to know that people understand and care. Bless all of you!

Marcy

Comment

Hi Marcy! Let me just say I wish you much success with the Interstim! You are right, it is not for pain, but it does help some, and it has helped me sooooo much with bladder spasms.

About the trial, what it is, is a box like the size of a pager, maybe bigger, and you hook it on to your belt loop. I did go out of the house a few times during the trial, but it was kind of hard to wear jeans for long. So try baggy sweats or something, I didn't really own any so I found the biggest pair of pants I had and wore them. lmao

It is not that bad, just be sure to be very gentle with the box, not to pull it or the wires will tug as well. Your doctor will go over all of this with you. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. If you'd like to talk about it or have any questions, my email is [email protected]

Good luck, you can do it!!

Hugs and love,
      Jess
      Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

JESS...
        thank you for sharing the story..
        its detailed and u tell u it so well that i can feel how its like..
        hope you are doing good with your pain...
        hugsssssss grouphug

Comment

Hi Jess,
          was wondering how you are doing these days, I loved your story, you have been thru so much at such a young age.. I brought your post up for the newbies, we have so many young ladies about your age joining
          love
          Cindy
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
          X