X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Hi Jess,
    was wondering how you are doing these days, I loved your story, you have been thru so much at such a young age.. I brought your post up for the newbies, we have so many young ladies about your age joining
    love
    Cindy

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    JESS...
    thank you for sharing the story..
    its detailed and u tell u it so well that i can feel how its like..
    hope you are doing good with your pain...
    hugsssssss grouphug

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hi Marcy! Let me just say I wish you much success with the Interstim! You are right, it is not for pain, but it does help some, and it has helped me sooooo much with bladder spasms.

About the trial, what it is, is a box like the size of a pager, maybe bigger, and you hook it on to your belt loop. I did go out of the house a few times during the trial, but it was kind of hard to wear jeans for long. So try baggy sweats or something, I didn't really own any so I found the biggest pair of pants I had and wore them. lmao

It is not that bad, just be sure to be very gentle with the box, not to pull it or the wires will tug as well. Your doctor will go over all of this with you. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. If you'd like to talk about it or have any questions, my email is [email protected]

Good luck, you can do it!!

Hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• marcy
    replied
    Hi Jess. I'm so happy for your results with InterStim. You are so very brave. I'm suppose to have the procedure later this month. Just waiting for the hospital to get the equipment. Like you were, I'm terrified of all these wires that will be going into my back. I suffer from a lot of bladder pain and I know InterStim won't stop that but hopefully will help with the urgency. Jess, during the initial trial was the devise in a box that you held or maybe worn on a belt? Could you go outside? I know so little about what to expect and my imagination isn't helping. Today the urgency was so bad but luckly a strong percocet helped for a while. You're so young to have gone thru so much and who knows why we have this awful disease. But knowing that you and others are out there has helped me deal with so much better. I never write in but I do read this message board. It really does help to know that people understand and care. Bless all of you!

Marcy

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hi Rob,

Interstim has helped me greatly with my spasms. If you'd like to talk about the interstim or have any questions, you can email me [email protected] Good luck!!!

Hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    I really appreciate the details. I'm waiting for a hospital in Columbus, OH to be "ok'ed" for the procedure currently. I have an appointment on the 9th where I'll get more information regarding the when's and where's, but we are planning on having the implant "installed" as soon as possible. Spasms are my largest challenge, so I'm really hoping to have the success you have had. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Thanks so much! I wanted to show how positive the Interstim experience can be, and show that it really isn't that scary! lmao It's just helped me tremendously and I wanted to share that with all of my ICN family. grouphug After all you've all been there for me when I was battling IC at it's worst and now I'm at a good place frequency/urgency wise and you've all supported me. Thanks for being there.

Hugs and love,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• ann chisholm
    replied
    Hi Jess, Thanks so much for taking the time to type out your story--it is so honest and heartwarming. I'm so glad that you've found some relief too. Here's hoping the future brings more your way! Best wishes, little bear

Leave a comment:

• radstudent
    replied
    Jess, thanks for the update. Interstim is very scary and your story explains it so well. Thanks for sharing. hi

Leave a comment:

• Britgal
    replied
    Jess, your story is definitely awesome, there is no doubt about it. I could not help but laugh also at the comment your mum made, I bet she was absolutely delighted for you, I know it must have been hard on her to see her child suffering the way you had been. It was really interesting to read about the interstim procedure though, so it sounds similar to a pacemaker, but in your butt. I am so glad that you do not have the toilet for a mate anymore, and you can have some rest at night instead of frequenting the porcelain bowl. Wonderfully written Jess, and informative. Thank you so much for sharing, in the future I hope they can come out with something to help you with your pain. The words courage, and strength, to face life head on, fits you very appropriately Jess. Hugs for a very strong young woman, luv ya mum Iris. hi kissing grouphug

Leave a comment:

• tillysav
    replied
    Dear Jess hi ,

Your story is incredable! You have a positive attitude that inpires and gives hope to others. Thank you for sharing it! Sleeping through the night must be wonderful. I hope it makes a BIG difference in the way you feel. I think you are a strong person!

P.S. Congratulations on 3 ozs lmao

grouphug

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    replied
    Thanks so much everyone for the positive feedback. You all really made my day.

Many hugs and love to you,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    replied
    Dear Jess,

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Sounds like you've been through a lot, and I'm just so happy that you found something to help you.

Love and hugs, grouphug
    Alexa

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Jess - You are such a wonderful woman with such a great story to share. You are absolutely one of my favorites here and you are always giving of yourself to help others on the boards. Bless you. kissing

And I had to laugh as I read one part of your update. I thought, "Now only an ICer (me) would get teary eyed reading how her mom overheard her peeing and was so excited for her!" lmao That's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• scootermom
    replied
    I am so happy for you that it worked for you in reducing your frequency- it must be such a relief to you to sleep through the night! I hope that your pain will go away too, but thanks for sharing your story.
    grouphug
    Sara

Leave a comment:

Working...
X