X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristin41
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex1980 View Post
    Re: Freedom from frequency and urgency!!!

So I am confused? Do you have IC or just pelvic floor dysfunction?
    I was diagnosed with IC for years with urgency being my main symptom. Dr. Peter's at Beaumont Urology Clinic said it was NOT IC but rather Pelvic Floor I saw Dr. K Peters. However, the magic was in the physical therapy. The PT I saw was:
    Lisa Odabachian <[email protected]>
    Linda no longer works at Beaumont but this is how I reached her recently. The technique she was the following: It is external myofascial release to pelvic floor muscles, primarily iliococcygeus, pubococcygeus, obturator internus, the perineal body posteriorly, and ischiocavernosus and bulbocavernosus anteriorly. It was life changing. She even taught my spouse how to do the technique because we did not live in Michigan..

Leave a comment:

• Kristin41
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex1980 View Post

I was diagnosed with IC due to my urinary urgency. I had no pain. Dr. Peters at Beaumont told me I did not have IC but rather PFD.

Leave a comment:

• Kristin41
    replied
    Originally posted by KitaKat View Post
    Hi Kristin41,
    I sent you a private message about Beaumont... Who was your Urologist and who was your PT at Beaumont?
    I saw Dr. K Peters. However, the magic was in the physical therapy. The PT I saw was:
    Lisa Odabachian <[email protected]>
    Linda no longer works at Beaumont but this is how I reached her recently. The technique she was the following: It is external myofascial release to pelvic floor muscles, primarily iliococcygeus, pubococcygeus, obturator internus, the perineal body posteriorly, and ischiocavernosus and bulbocavernosus anteriorly. It was life changing. She even taught my spouse how to do the technique because we did not live in Michigan.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'd just like to say to the IC Network.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Ncullom
    replied
    These are my exact symptoms. I'm seeing an NP and MD at a urogyno clinic and nothing has helped yet. I need hope. This is the worst thing ever. I've felt like I have to pee 24 hours a day for over three months. So far I've only tried medications and PTNS. the PTNS seems to help a little sometimes but the meds do nothing. I live in Texas, how could I find out where one of these places is near me, or would I have to fly across the country? I probably would if I really thought it would help!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by sarich99 View Post
    . Donna, I’m very sorry for your loss...it’s been awhile since I’ve been on.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• sarich99
    replied
    Make sure you find a PT who does deep visceral pt. Donna, I’m very sorry for your loss...it’s been awhile since I’ve been on.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by sarich99 View Post
    I do pelvic floor therapy! It’s a Godsend!
    Thank you for sharing your success --- I know we have members who are considering this --- your success will help them with their decisions.

Sending warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• sarich99
    replied
    I do pelvic floor therapy! It’s a Godsend!

Leave a comment:

• Pillowfight
    replied
    That is awesome! So glad you found a "cure"!

Leave a comment:

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Dr. Ken Peters is always the first choice at Beaumont!!

Leave a comment:

• KitaKat
    replied
    Has anyone been to Beaumont Women's Urology Center in the last year or so? If so please let me know who you saw there... Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, Pelvic Floor Therapist....?
    I want to make an appointment and would love a little info on your experience!

Leave a comment:

• KitaKat
    replied
    Hi Kristin41,
    I sent you a private message about Beaumont... Who was your Urologist and who was your PT at Beaumont?

Leave a comment:

• Alex1980
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Songbird
    replied

Thank you so much for coming back here and giving us some important information. I think , well I know I forget about how my orthopedic issues do affect my bladder.
    If you do have tight obturators, or spinal degen, stenosis or any other lower back conditions/pathology, then your pelvic floor is most certainly affected.

Your post re-affirms my need to re-start my PT again. She always works on both: internal (obturator internus) and then on my spine and hip....

I am so glad you found answers, it can be so tiring and frustrating being your own doctor.

Best-Songbird

Leave a comment:

Working...
X