• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    Donna
    I do all that have had machine checked no use the ormon 10 series.
    I take my logs in all the time she doesn’t look at them.
    everytine in drs it’s around 156/93. Not at home.
    that last reading was after 2 weeks on htcz. Today I finally went off I can’t take the bladder any anymore.
    just found out yesterday she is retiring ugh!
    she suggested something like almondine? Calcium channel blocker but now I don’t know.
    i know I need to stop the sugar and eating during night. I also know I retain water so who knows.
    thank you again for your responses.
    Becky

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I agree that the 200/80 is not okay, but I would be delighted with126/78. One thing you might want to do is to record your blood pressure daily for a week or two before your next appointment and take the record with you --- and take along your blood pressure machine so they can check it to be sure it's accurate. If your doctor doesn't offer to tell you your reading, I suggest you ask.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    She never really says, one minute it is fine the next she is worried about it, one time in er it was 200/80 but I was super stressed and had a horrible headache, so who knows. today it was 126/78 that is on just 1/2 of the 12.5 htcz but eating good exercising and drinking tons of water, but i was on the 12.5 of htcz, I still have not gone off it I know it should it is causing havoc on my pelvic floor pressure headaches all the stuff, but I am so afraid of other pressure pills.
    Right now, I am dealing with the 5 year anniversary of my uterine cancer surgery and had spotting the other day so that is not good, so lots of stress in my life and about 40 pounds overweight, If I could sleep through the night and give up sugar I would probably be fine, the dr once mention she thinks 117/69 would be optimum, great! I never get there with all the stress in my life besides all that I have a 87 year old mom I take care of too, just got her in assisted living but still go 3 times a week do her laundry her bedding all of it, All i care about no is that I don't have cancer again, with RA and the meds i take for that it can cause a lot of blood pressure issues too and higher risk of cancer, Life right now is NOT easy!
    Thanks for listening
    Becky

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Blood pressure control can be a real challenge. I have what they call "white coat syndrome" --- my blood pressure is higher in the doctor's office than at home. Fortunately, my doctors accept that and treat my blood pressure based on my home readings. How low does your doctor set as a goal pressure?

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    Donna,
    I very today mine was 132/79 but that was after 8 days of hTCZ AT 12.5. IT has been averaging around 136/83. but sometimes it goes in the drs much higher like 156/98 the other day, but at home it went to 135/88 so who knows. I am. now trying the 12.5 cut I'm half, I take a lot of drug Lowe dose, I sue amity-line and take the 10mg and cut it in half and it helps and doing a flare I do half 5.mg and half of a half 7,g, crazy I know a little goes a super long way with me. What was also odd as I go to the bathroom more NOT on the water pill. I tried propanol beta blocker but super bad headaches and dizzy, and I was only on 10mg so who knows. I have tried acupuncture too I walk every day I am about 30 pounds over weight but had lower when I was heavier, I think it is cause I am 66 had to have a radical hytersectoy 5 years ago from cancer and can't do estrogen and estrogen helps with our blood pressure too. I am tired of worrying about it though that is sure sure. Right now trying a good more of a vegan diet and always watch my sodium levels.
    Thank you for your concern.
    Becky

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I also tried 12.5s for a while, but it got so frustrating that I stopped. How high is your blood pressure?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    It’s been almost 6 months nothing works so back on htcz only 12.5 and the burning in urethra is horrible. Oh well

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Finding just the right blood pressure control can be just as frustrating as for IC --- good luck!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    Donna
    thank you. My dr suggested metropol or propanlol but I thought I’d read beta blockers were bad for Ic too. I go back in 10 days. Right now I just stopped htcz after 2 weeks and letting my bladder and pelvic floor calm down. Crazy.
    like I said id haven’t had it in 5 years. Now I remember how painful it is and I forgot about how it makes you feel like you can’t empty ugh!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I take more than one blood pressure medication --- carvedelol and losartan (not sure about spelling).

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    Donna
    if you don’t me asking what did you end up taking for blood pressure. The htcz I’m off but it has flared the pelvic floor and Ic so much I even am finding it hard to empty my bladder completly which causes high blood pressure too. MDe said I could try beta blocker propanlol or a calcium channel blocker. I feel it’s mainly my bladder issues causing it high now. Very painful cramping pressure and having to strain to pee. Never had this tell I started these meds.
    thank you
    becky
    I made an appt with pelvic floor therapist and urologist but not tell sept 10 th ugh!

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    replied
    Donna
    thank you. I read beta blockers do also. I have lots of anxiety which that would help. I’m not sure what they will do. I haven’t had a flare in years. I forgot how painful it is abd the spasms it creates.
    thanks again
    Becky

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    My suggestion has to be to ask your doctor for a different medication for your blood pressure --- I can't even take 12.5 Hctz without a substantial increase in frequency and discomfort.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• anacortes
    ICN Member

• anacortes
    started a topic Htcz bladder issues

Htcz bladder issues

I was diagnosed in 1986 took years of dmso. In 2017 had severe diverticulitis Snd had colon surely only to find out my bladder was being pushed by all the colon inflammation and after I was perfect no more pain
    this past year vaginal atrophy due to hysterectomy for cancer
    but now high blood pressure but on htcz 12.5 after 8 days all the lower pressure not being able to pee burning vulva bladder spasms ll of it came back.
    I am also taking macrobid 1 dose after sex which happens rarely and never an infection.
    snyway 8 days later lower abdomen is swollen htcz seems to cause anxiety headaches constant peeing swelling in low abdomen Snd feel horrible.
    I started macrobid but dip stick was negative
    anyone take htcz and get increase bladder psin? I’m at a loss
Working...
X