22 yr old newly diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 yr old newly diagnosed

I am 22 years old, was diagnosed 7 months ago, at 21 yrs old. Still searching for answers. My urologist put me on vistaril, and the day after I took the med, my sx were gone! The only down side was that the med made me very sleepy. That was the first time in over a year that I was able to sleep through the night and have relief at work. He also suggested a change in diet, and one of the big things I found relief from was avoiding caffine! I still get flare-ups when I drink pop or coffee, or dont take the med after a few weeks, but I've been able to pretty much manage this on my own. I really would like to find a med that works as well, but with out the drowsiness! - Heidi Jo

Welcome to the ICN Heidi Jo!
    I was 21 when I was diagnosed too; I'm 25 now. This website has a lot of great information - I suggest you check out the ICN Patient Handbook for tips on diet, and there's also information on different medications. I have to stick close to the IC diet, and along with Elmiron I'm able to manage my symptoms quite well.

Take care,
    Alexa
    My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

Working...
    X