• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Nicole in ATL
    IC Friend

• hillio75
    replied
    Hi and welcome David!

As for the sexual abuse history, I'm not sure about a connection either. It seems there would be much more people diagnosed with IC, as 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 8 boys are sexually abused in the US. Sad but true.

Nicole

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    Support Leader

• Sarojini
    replied
    As for sexual abuse and IC, it doesn't apply to me either. Also, I've never heard anyone say this, but I'm new to all of this.

Leave a comment:

• Alexa
    IC Friend

• Alexa
    replied
    Hi David, Welcome to the ICN.

Thanks for sharing your story, I am one of the "lucky" ones too, that responded well to treatment and was able to go back to school, and I'm now able to work in a career I love.

As for your question regarding sexual abuse, it doesn't ring true for me personally, and I haven't heard of that correlation between sexual abuse and IC. Perhaps it's true for some people, but I just don't know about it, nor have I heard a lot about the connection of these two subjects.

Take care,
    Alexa

Leave a comment:

• Duzty
    ICN Member

• DuztyWhyte
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you all for your very compassionate and understanding words. I am so very glad that I found this place, it maks me feel so "Not alone" with this disease. The only other problems that I am having is the fact that people seem to try to make you feel guilty for having to take pain meds. Right now I am on Oxycontin 80 mg. 2times a day and 40 Mg. Once and thank god for them, I was getting to the point to where it was very difficult for me to walk and due to proper diagnosis, a great doctor and pain meds. I was able to go back and get my law degree.

So for those of you who think there is no hope for a normal life, There definatley is.

Much Love,
    David

P.S. I know that this is a very private question, but my doc. says that alot of people with IC was sexually abused as a child, does that hit home with anyone here?

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    Angel watching over us

• auntiedeb
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the boards. thanks for sharing your story with us. There is alot of support and love on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    Support Leader

• Sarojini
    replied
    Hi David... I am so sorry you are having such a hard time!! I hope your new doctor is helping you feel better and be more comfortable.

I am also searching for a diagnosis, although my doctor is now pretty sure I have IC. I go back on Feb 16, and at that time she may schedule a cystoscopy w/hydrodistention to see for sure.

Boy, I can totally relate to how annoying going to the bathroom all the time is... one day last week I went 32 times, which was VERY disruptive. So far today I think I've only been about 8 times which is good for me. I'm sure it's been difficult for you too! I don't always have burning when I urinate (sometimes I've had it though), but I do get a lot of back pain, and sometimes cramping pains in my abdomen.

I see you are in Memphis.. me too!! If you want to talk to someone in the area, you can email me at [email protected]

Welcome to the boards...

Sending you supportive hugs.... grouphug grouphug

Jen

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    Support Volunteers

• ICNJess
    replied
    Hello David, and welcome!! I too went through that whole mess of years of trying to get a diagnosis. It took me nearly 4 years and several doctors to get diagnosed. I had diagnoses of UTI's and doctors told me I was crazy and "doctor hopping" as you put it. It was very depressing...

But it's all changed, and we are all on the track to healing, right? Just keep a positive attitude, and have faith. Welcome to the ICN family.

Hugs and love to you,
    Jess grouphug kissing

Leave a comment:

• Duzty
    ICN Member

• Duzty
    started a topic My Horror Story

My Horror Story

Hello,
    My name is David White and I wanted to share with you my horror story of IC and how it became a nightmare to me.
    I guess I would have to go back six years to where everytime I went to use the restroom, I would be hit with sudden burning and the most severe pain that I have ever felt in my life. At this point, it was only periodic and would happen maybe once a month. I went from doctor to doctor for the next five years having test after test done and was diagnosed with everything from Urinary Tract Infections to Kidney Stones. I was severly abused by alot of physicians who simply told me I was crazy, nothing was wrong, I was "DRUG SEARCHING", or so-called "Doctor Hopping". At this point I began to doubt my own self. I thought I must be crazy, because the pain became constant and my trips to the bathroom went up to as much as 25 to 30 times a day. I have alot of pain in my legs and it seems to be worse at night, when the leg tremors come. My painful condition went from a little blood in the urine and occasional pain to constant pain that I had to deal with on a daily basis with no relief or help. I have waken in the middle of the night in such pain that I have been screaming, get up go to the emergency room, be told that there is nothing wrong and that I was only looking for meds. I had to suffer with this for a long time until I found a woderful doctor named Ragi Wiygul who is an IC specialtist in Memphis. I was told I was not crazy and this was a disease. I still suffer alot from it, but now at least I don't have to suffer with the pain due to medication. I am not giving up hope that one day I will be normal again.
    Good Luck to you all...
    Much Love,
    David
Working...
X