Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAF
    replied
    IC has taught me that all illnesses are not right out in front of you to see.

IC has taught me tolerance.

It has taught me to appreciate good and bad, because bad could be so much worse.

Jolene

Leave a comment:

• Jen_Cole
    replied
    Well, I don't have ic-but I do have ec (close enough, lol) and it has taught me that there are worse things in life than this.

Leave a comment:

• Solfish
    replied
    I had an experience earlier in my life that required me to sit back and do a "what has this taught me" reflection. I had Guillianne Barre Syndrome, which is a disease that can totally paralyze you. (it did me, all the way to respiration). Much of what I learned from that,I try to apply to this:

1) there are people who need me
    (I try to remember this on days when the morphine pills look tempting to swallow all at once)

2) there are people who love me
    (Ok...see above comment!)

3) Sometimes writing how I feel in a notebook (as oppossed to computer) really is therapuetic...I can really put my anger to pictures and words. (I did this alot as therapy when I was sick with GBS and could use my hands again)

4) Sometimes, my family and friends don't want to hear about my pain. They are as tired of it as I am, and they don't know what to do for me. I have to respect that...as long as they can listen to me sometimes.

5) That life just ain't all the rainbows and flowers that were promised when I was a child. I keep looking for them, but they aren't there....I'm finding some solace in reading some teaching of Eastern philosophy. Unfortunately, we were never promised a rose garden.... Or, some of us got stuck with the thorns and fertilizers...

6) That I can be awfully darn long winded.

7) That toilet seats are bloody *** cold in the nights when the bathroom window gets left open, on 30 degree nights. eek

8) That there are some wonderful people in this world, on this message board. Bless you all... in the peaceful way you believe!!

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• mjlabieniec
    replied
    I.C. has taught me:

That it isn't all in my head.

Something is wrong.

I can do something about it.

I can overcome severe pain.

Patience.

A bladder is something most take for granted.

To think about what fluids I'm putting in me.

Live life to the fullest when you feel good.

Don't take life for granted.

Don't take good health for granted.

I'm new in learning about the disease. I'll post more at a later date when I acquire more knowledge on the disease and if I have it. I just had the hydrodistention and am waiting for the results of the tissue they took. The dr. said it's rare and hard to diagnose and that he doesn't have much knowledge on the disease, either.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    What has IC taught me....

it taught me that having alot of patience really don't help

it taught me to value my good days

it taught me that people don't believe in chronic pain

it taught me who my friends are

it taught me that life is too short to worry about trival things

it taught me to believe in myself.

it taught me that no matter how hard I try there are things I still cannot do..

it took away my life. it took away my freedom. it took away activities I use to do with my child..

what have I learned from having IC..
    IT SUCKS!

Brat

Leave a comment:

• ICyuck
    replied
    IC has taught me that if you have chronic pain, 99% of people think you are lying about it or making it up or exaggerating it.

IC has taught me that most doctors just assume you are mentally ill if you have IC.

IC has taught me that most people you count on will abandon you if you come down with a chronic pain disease.

IC has taught me that doctors are very happy to simply leave you in unbearable, endless pain rather than trying to help you.

IC has taught me that there are far worse things to fear than death.

Love, ICY

Leave a comment:

• felineperson3
    replied
    hi Amylove,
    Welcome to the boards! In answer to your question you must be logged in, of course, and instead of clicking on the post a reply button, click on the new topic button--then you can post your topic under the appropriate category. Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• amylove
    replied
    I am a new member just as of yesterday. I thought maybe you could help me figure some things out. It will not let me post my story or a am doing something wrong. The only thing I can get it to do is reply, it is telling me I am not allowed to post. Do you have to do something other than register to be able to post your story? Thank you if you can help me.

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    Ic has taught me more tolerance in people and in myself. It also has taught me to have more compassion for people and also unconditonal love. Ic has taught me to take it one day at a time, and also to listen to my body when I have over did it and need to rest and lay down. Ic has taught me that I am stronger than I think I am. Ic has taught me you can learn to live with and work with it. Ic has taught me how to explain to friends and people at work how ic is painful.

I like Iris's analogy on other post: It is like putting vinegar on an open wound. I told a couple of people at work that and the look on their faces told me how painful it would be. I told them that is how my bladder feels at times.

Ic has taught me that I can reach out and ask for help when I need. Ic has taught me that there are others out there with this diesease. Ic has given me more faith in the Lord and to trust in the Lord more and each day.

Have a pain free day everyone. grouphug grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Kim Schy
    replied
    IC has given me a whole new outlook on life. I could write a book on it, as I'm sure many of us could. This is just one of the things on my list:

Before I had IC, I would always plan out my days. Now I take a day at a time. I treasure my good days when I have them. I have come to realize that Life really is a gift.

Lyn

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I'll answer this one when i am in a beter mood wink
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• rnewman
    replied
    Im with Micheala and Christa.....

It has taught me that I can do whatever I put my mind to.

And it has taught me that if you have loving friends, you have almost anything....no matter where you meet them or who they are wink

Hugs, Rachel

Leave a comment:

• Christa
    replied
    It has taught me that life seems so short when I'm not in pain and so long when I am.

Christa

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    It has taught me to thank God for what you have (and I had alot before IC and didnt realize it). Also I dont sweat trivial matters like Jesser said. But when I get mad because it ruined my life for awhile I think that some people are lucky and some arent!!

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    It has taught me to thank God for what you have (and I had alot before IC and didnt realize it). Also I dont sweat trivial matters like Jesser said. But when I get mad because it ruined my life for awhile I think that some people are lucky and some arent!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X