X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    arcticfox

• lwilke
    replied
    I am currently on DMSO treatments once a week. They have worked for me pretty good, except I really have to work on the my IC diet. I am human and I do eat or drink stuff that is bad for me. For example, too much frozen yogurt is a bad thing! (I had it 4 times (4 days) in a row! I suffered, let me tell you! I had to reach for the Pyridine! So with trial and error I am still learning what not to eat and what I can eat. I also have prelief which helps me as well. Although I have to watch how much I take as I get constipated and I have already had a case of hemmoroids because of it! Not nice :-(

Arcticfox

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    ICN Staff

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I couldn't take elmiron due to side effects.

My major treatment for the past 29 years has been hydrodistentions, along with bladder instillations.

I am currently on a DMSO schedule of one treatment per month, which seems to do well for me. I started with eight weekly treatments before moving to the monthly schedule.

I also have pyridium on hand, pain medications to take as needed, and phenergan to prevent nausea any time I take a pain med. I also take a prescription potassium supplement, and a couple of meds for high blood pressure.

--- And I feel good most of the time.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Dixiefireball
    ICN Member

• dixiefireball
    replied
    sorry you are having it tough right now hope you feel better soon. i use klonopin lexiapro leviquin heparin marcaine perocet 10.325. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• Iris
    ICN Member

• Britgal
    replied
    Sorry that you are going through such a rough time right now. I am on oral meds, Elavil, Effexor, Ultram for pain when needed and Ambien for sleep. After my diagnosis, I was put on several meds that did not work for me, was offered DMSO for six weeks, but I said no, and we tried the previously mentioned combination of meds, and so far so good. I have miniflares, but nothing like the ones I was experiencing. I have check up visits every two months with my Nurse Practitioner, and my Urologist once a year unless I start having problems, with the meds, or extreme pain then when needed. So far, fingers crossed, everything is working, and I am able to live a fairly normal lifestyle, Take care Iris. hi hat

Leave a comment:

• UNCJessi

• UNCJessi
    replied
    I was wondering...do any of you guys know... Since IC is diet responsive, is it not safe to say it is medication responsive? In other words, I wonder if the reason some of you guys have so many problems still is BECAUSE you are on so many meds. Does anyone know if a doctor has done a study on this. This definately makes sense...our bladders may be irritated by certain medications. I take Elmiron, and only Elmiron, and this has helped. Of course, everyone's IC seems to be different. I just think this may be something to consider... I hope that you guys can all find a combination that gives you relief. Like I said, I only take Elmiron daily. I have Atarax--as needed--but have not used it yet. I was diagnosed with IC on Jan 14, 2004. So I am new to this...not to the IC--which I now realize I have had for 9 years
    ~Jessica

Leave a comment:

• carly

• carlinjkammerer
    replied
    Sorry you are having a tough time. I couldn't take Elmiron, I have tried many anti-depressants and nothing helped. I tried DMSO, again no help. I tried interstim, did not work. I currently take pyridium plus, hydrocodone and the IC diet.

Leave a comment:

• ihateic2003

• ihateic2003
    replied
    tillysav,

Yes, i am still taking Elmiron 300mg. 3x day. Elmiron helped me but not anymore i think. My Uro want me to take it anyway for while.My frequency and urgency become much worse these day.

Leave a comment:

• tillysav

• tillysav
    replied
    Sorry you are having a rough time. Have you tried Elmiron? And, if so, how long did you take Elmiron and other meds?

My history on medication is short, as I was just diagnosed with IC in November 2003 using the cysto/hydro procedure.

My meds are:

Elmiron 3 x day-bladder
    Toframil-IC pain/sleep (haven't started taking yet)
    Milk of Magnesia-IBS

I still have IC pain/frequency and constipation from IBS, but feel a little better. It may be to soon to tell if my meds are making a difference because I am still in the trial & error phase. My doctor (and from what I read) all suggest 4 to 9 months to see improvement.

Everyone seems to respond to different meds and in different time frames.

Leave a comment:

• Nicole in ATL
    IC Friend

• hillio75
    replied
    Sorry you are going through a hard time right now. I hope your new meds work for you.

My meds are hydroxyzine (atarax), elavil, oxytrol patch, percocet and ditropan as needed. Also, cipro every time I have sex and prelief with acidy foods.

I have had 1 bladder instill (not DMSO) during a cysto/hydro in June 2003. My frequency and urgency become much worse after this procedure (I know this is not the norm).

I am still struggling with getting my symptoms under control. I am worse now than I was a year ago. I have been taking elavil for about 6 weeks. Not much results yet, but praying it will help.

Hang in there,
    Nicole

Leave a comment:

• ihateic2003

• ihateic2003
    started a topic WHAT IS YOUR MEDICATION COMBO FOR IC

WHAT IS YOUR MEDICATION COMBO FOR IC

Dear fellow IC sufferers:

1. I want to know how many of you taking oral Medication for IC.

2. How many of you having bladder Instilllations. (like DMSO & all) How long you have been having this treatment. how often you go to doctor's office.

3. do you ever feel whatever you are having treatment it's not working after a while. I feel that way now. I am having a very hard time to control my symptoms now. My Uro change all my medications now to see if i feel better on that. Iike My Antidepressant, Antihistamines & my pain medications. he think what i was taking earlier stop working now. My system use too these medications & now it is time to start Change to diffrent onece. i want to know how many of you feel that way like i am feeling now.
Working...
X