New to the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Board

Hi... I'm new to the board. I was diagnosed with IC a little over a year ago after my symptoms had started almost two years ago. My urologist started me out on all the common meds .. Elavil, Detrol, Ditropan, Elmiron, etc. Then, after none of those showed much change he had me start DMSO treatments which did nothing except cause more pain, weight loss, and that horrible smell. Finally, he suggested I try a different urologist. I met with the new uro, and he immediately told me he wanted me to try Interstim and about a month later (this September) I had the surgery done and got my first positive results. I've been doing pretty good from then on. I still have bad flares and have to stay really strict on what I eat, but overall Interstim has really helped.

Wonderful news. So glad to hear that it worked for you. So nice to hear that people are getting good results! Please let us know how you are doing from time to time!
    Love,
    Kim

Comment

How wonderful... I too have the interstim and have had great success... We have interstim boards if you want to go thru them further down the page..
      ~Welcome~ to the boards, there are a bunch of great gals here. You will find a wealth of info in this site.
      Brat
      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

hi Welcome to the ICN. I am so glad to hear the interstim worked for you.. unfortunately because of my nerves being out of wacked, I had to have my implant removed after 2 years of trying to fix it. So glad to hear it works for you though.. so where are you from
        Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Hi and welcome, so glad that your interstim is helping you out with your IC. This is a great place to be, lots of information, and lots of support, great gals here on the network, always ready to help in any way possible .Let us know how you are doing, welcoming hugs Iris. hi grouphug
          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

It's great to hear that the interstim worked for you. I'm having a trial Tue. Jan 24th. I did all of the pre-op tests today so it's getting more real for me. I hope it helps like it did for others. This site has helped me learn a lot about the disease and treatments as well as offering support. Welcome!

Rachel hi

Comment

Welcome to the ICN family. Read , write , and pray alot. I care. - grouphug
              Sue C.~
              [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for all the nice responses and support. It's nice to that hear interstim has worked for some other people too.

Rachelm ~ good luck with your trial! I hope interstim works well for you.

BeaF~ I'm from Lexington, Kentucky.

Comment

I would like to welcome you to the icn board also i'm glad you have already found something that helps some with your ic. we are here for you anytime. sending hugs to our new member. grouphug grouphug
                  Medicine taken daily or as needed:
                  1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
                  2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
                  3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
                  4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
                  5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
                  5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
                  6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
                  7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Working...
                  X