Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hello, Glad to be here. I was diagnosed with IC 8 months ago by process of elimination since the hydro and potassium test were fairly normal. I have been following the program of Dr. Fuguzzatto for the last 4 months and I'm continuing to get better and better. Everytime i send in a urine sample to be cultured there is less bacteria that shows. I am very excited about this. I am not having any side effects from the antibiotics which is also good. I am an LPN with 1 year of school left to go for my bachelors degree for my RN. I am 29 and have been married 8 years to a wonderful man. I have 2 daughters ages 6 and 4. I am very glad to be here and look forward to getting to know all you.

Sincerely,
    Success

Hello and welcome to the boards and IC family. Sounds like you are one busy lady with studying to be a RN and two little ones as well. Glad that you are doing well with your IC. You will find a lot of really helpful gals, and a few guys here on the network. I have only been diagnosed over a year and was so happy to find the network and a bunch of really compassionate people who knew what I was going through. Look forward to seeing you post, take care and welcome once again, hugs Iris hi grouphug
    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

havingsuccess,
      Glad you are getting help & relief.This is a great support group here.
      Welcolme to the site.
      Take care,
      Zookeeper Kim
      Animals are very comforting when
      pain & life gets you down...

Keep your head held high and don't let any thing bring you down.

Comment

Hi there success! Glad you found the ICN!
        It's always great when someone posts they are doing well with life despite having IC. I like hearing it too!
        Can't wait to see you around more..And good luck in your last year. RN...that's great!
        Tons of support,
        Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Hi there--

Just wanted to add my welcome.
          Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Hello how are you? I just wanted to also add my welcome i'm sorry you have ic but i'm so glad you are getting some help and feeling better that is always GREAT to hear. if you need anything please let us know we are a big family here and we are glad to have you with us. grouphug
            Medicine taken daily or as needed:
            1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
            2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
            3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
            4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
            5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
            5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
            6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
            7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Welcome to the boards and glad to hear you are doing well with your treatments. I too was diagnosed by process of elimination have been steadily improving since beginning treatment in March of this year.

This is a great group of people; you'll find a lot of support, friendship and advice on these boards.
              Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
              Diagnosed with:
              IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
              Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
              Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

WOW, Thank you all for the warm welcome. I sure did't expect this. I hope I can fit into your family. This is a very friendly place to be. thanks for making me feel welcome.

Success aka mariah

Comment

Hi,
                  I also wanted to add my welcome. Glad you are doing good and look forward to seeing you around.

Jolene hi
                  Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
                  http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Working...
                  X