• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Gaby7

• Gaby McCarthy
    replied
    WOW!!!

Well done!!!! That was truly inspiring.

Thanks for taking the time to remind us all that we are stronger than we sometimes feel!

Gaby

Leave a comment:

• michaela
    Banned

• michaela
    replied
    That was a wonderful story. It was very inspirational. My way of coping with IC is weird. I actually get mad at it. I mean totally ****** . Just like getting ****** at someone else I refuse to let it ruin my life. i may rest and take it easy occasionally but I'll be damned if i let IC cause me one more day of missing out on life.

Bravo
    Michaela

Leave a comment:

• Iris
    ICN Member

• Britgal
    replied
    Hi, I am so glad that you posted that inspirational piece of writing, it made me feel we can really win this battle with IC by thinking that we are heros and heroines struggling everyday to win the battle with IC. Thank you for posting, hugs Iris kissing

Leave a comment:

• ICNJess
    Support Volunteers

• ICNJess
    replied
    That was truly inspiring. I know that I had wondered if this would drive me to end my life. (It won't! Don't worry!!) I live my life despite of IC...although it isn't much of a life right now, I believe that some day there will be a cure, and we'll all be healthy!! But if that happens, what will become of this board?

Hugs,
    Jess

Leave a comment:

• CoyoteMystro
    Banned

• CoyoteMystro
    started a topic Inspirational story. We're all heroes.

Inspirational story. We're all heroes.

I was thinking this morning. Pondering over thoughts about my condition. Thinking what might happen, what has happened, and will there ever come a time that I might say "I've had enough, I can't take it anymore." And finally kill myself to escape the pain.

As some of you know, my IC wasn't too bad until I started seeking treatment. Since I've sought treatment, my condition has worsened horribly thanks to two medications called Imipramine and Hydroxyzine. They were supposed to help my IC symptoms, but they actually made it worse, and despite only taking three days worth, and not taking them for over a month now, the damage is still very apparent. By damage, I mean it is still severely difficult for me to urinate and if I drink too much, my bladder and entire private areas become inflamed with severe constant pain. Pain I've never felt until I took those medications. Pain so great, that I when I'm suffering from it, I wish someone would take me out back behind the barn, and shoot me to put me put of my misery. Since this, I've become very scared of what I eat, drink, or what pills I take because now I feel that whatever I may take, may kill me. However, this is something I must overcome, or I'll never be cured.

Anyways, to the point of this post. After thinking about how much pain I'm in and how much I'll be in and thinking "Why do I live life? Why haven't I committed suicide already to escape my pain?" I sort of realized something. I'm a hero. We're all heroes. I say that because we continue to live what's left of our lives despite the limitations put on us by this condition and lack of medical knowledge. Many people wouldn't be able to do that. Sadly many patients that suffered IC and other diseases that brought their lives to screeching halts, ended their lives because they couldn't deal with the pain and limitations and were just too scared. We're setting a great example for future IC patients and children by showing that just because we are losing the game, we're not quitting.

I've been suffering from Interstitial Cystitis since I was 11. I went undiagnosed until June 18th of this year, when a Cysto found that I was suffering from a condition called IC. IC has cost me everything in life. It's cost me my health, my education, and my freedom. It's cost me everything, but I refuse to end my life just because there's no cure for it now. Someday, some snot-eating ******* from Harvard will graduate and find the miracle cure for IC. That day, I will still be alive, surviving, waiting for the chance to have that treatment that may actually give me my life back. It may be tomorrow, it may be next week, it may not be for many years, but I will survive this however long it takes. Even if I have to live my entire life without a cure, I will not let this cost me my life. I will also not let Doctors tell me that this condition is a figment of my imagination or that I'm just trying to get out of making an honest life.

One day, when IC is either curable or no longer exists. Medical students can read about how patients like us lived their lives with this severe pain knowing it couldn't be helped. They'll know that the human spirit can endure anything and will continue to live on. That we did not give up hope for a cure or the chance to live life normal again, even though that chance may never come. The simple fact, that we're all heroes. We're survivors in a stage of life that many humans never experience and could never survive.

I wanted to post this because I know many of us wake-up everyday depressed because we know we'll be living the same schedule we lived the day before, the week before, the month or even year before. So, just remember, you're a hero. You live life despite having the short-end of the straw and you help other people with this condition through life by simply being here and comforting them. I appreciate everyone I've chatted with here on ICN, many have helped me through the tough times I've been having lately. If I didn't have ICN or friends online that were there for me to vent, I dunno where I would be now.

I really hope this inspirational story made sense and help those that read it.
Working...
X