unable to void..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to void..???

Yep back again. Pain started up yesterday really bad. Not sure if its the Endo or the IC. Either way hurts. But today i work up and felt to much presure in my bladder. when i rolled over to get out of bed, i litterly yelled cos it hurt. I Went to go to the bathroom, and nothing would come out. I felt i had to pee so bad and i sat there for 5 mins nothing I was even straining, and nothing no drip nothing. I took a shower, thinking maybe it would help, well i was able to go a little but i deffinatly knew it was not all of it. I stood up and felt so much pressure like i had to pee more, sat down again and nothing, sat for 5 mins more and nothing.
    I had an apointment to day to see Social Security.to qualify for disability, or ssi, will see how it goes nice to know it will take 4-6 month to hear from them, what a bunch of crap. I hope somthing goes threw. I dont know what to do till then.
    But got back from there and by the way to jsut sit there which took almost 2 hrs, i had tears in my eyes cos i was hurting to just sit there. And half in a dave since i had to take a pain pill cos it hurts to even walk. So sitteing for 2 hrs on hard chairs,was torcher.
    Ok i came home wanted to go potty nothing again i sat there 5 mins straining to go, nothing, except my side hurts from straining and if i keep straining, which i had this happen one time before, it about acaused a hernia, and feels like its on its way to do it again...
    So called the Uroligist, of course out to lunch, called again, now have to wait to see what they tell me to do,
    Anyone out there have this problem??? 2 days in pain, to much medican, my stomach is in knots. I worke up at 3am, sick to my stomach, threw up and it was just biel, and it was green! never that before usualy is yellow.. but green, My body is turining on me, I dont know what to do any more. I think things ok then it hits all over again, adn this not peeing , i have no idea how to deal with this...
    Any ideas?? please let me know
    I go friday to the University of Michigan hospital but thats another 2 days..
    thanks for any and all your suport I am so thanful to have this site, its a comfort to get some answers from people who life the life we have not just know it from a book. Thanks to everyone!!!!!!!!
    stacy

Current Conditions:
    Endometriosis,1995
    IC,Feb 06
    IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
    Stomach Ulcers
    Duodenitis
    Acid Reflux
    Low Blood Sugar
    Hypothyroid
    Migrains

Surgeries
    Laporoscopy-1995
    Gaul Bladder-1996
    Laporoscopy-2005
    colonoscopy2005
    cysto/hydro-2006
    cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
    Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
    Seasonique,1 night(helps control pain for Endo)Provera, 10mg 1 night
    Elavil, 150 1pm
    Flexeril, 10mg 1 night(was to be 1 am also but makes me to sleepy)
    Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
    Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
    Topamax 25mg 1am 2pmCyannobalamin(b12), 1 injection every 2 weeks
    Reglan, 10mg, 1 3xday with meals-for duonditis
    Ultram 50mg 1 every 4hrs as needed for pain
    Pyridim,100mg as needed
    Vicodin 5/500 as needed for pain
    Heating pad
    Ice Pack
    Arthritis Pain Equate brand 650mg usualy 2 at a time
    Stool softeners w/stimuli, 2am 2pm[/COLOR]

Hopefuly no more gets added to the list!!!

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
    Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
    My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
    When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
    Dont forget to take care of you!
    Take care

Stacey,
    It really sounds like you have PFD "pelvic floor disfuntion" I just read an artical that CarolinTexas posted, You should really read that...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

have you not voided dsince last night?
      i sure you know retenion is bad and dangerous.you did not say if you self cath?
      if you can not go to your uro asap, then head to the e.r.
      someone should teach you to self cath so you do not go through this. you do not want to end with kidney damage.

Comment

I just came back from my urologist. She had to do a cathider,.Which Hurt so bad when she took it out, i cried for 10 mins. after it was out. They check for infection-didnt have one yea!!!
        But she thinks that its just enflames and the muscels are tight. So she is trying a medicantion called Flomax. She said its for Males,to help with their prostrate muscels to relax to be able to urinate.
        She also noticed i have a track record or not being able to compleaty empty out my bladder. So for the next 2 weeks trying it out, see if it helps.
        I am going to the Uof M hopsital in 2 days. She said see if they acan get a Urologist in with the Ob/gyn. and see oif they can work together. If not then she will so another Cystiscope. I have only had 1 done, and it was the one which i was diagnosed with.
        Ohh yeah about going potty, I did manage to go a little before i left to go see the doctor. But i had a BM, and was then able to go some, if i didnt have the BM nothing would have came out. So i will take some more muscle relaxers and this Flomax and hopefuly be able to go potty on my own,
        The doctor did say somthing about teaching me how to do a cathider on my own, but i figure, if it hurts so bad when they do it, I dont want to even take a chance, i will end up hurting my self worse. maybe when it is not in a flair up, it would be more easy. She also recomended Physical tharapy, but the only place which does it for IC patients, will not excpet my insurance. LOL she even asked if ic an pay for it on my own,lol yeah sure i make 430$ a month because on state funded medical insurance,lol ic ant pay rent ,lol how to pay PT,lol.crazy.
        I think if it keeps up tonight and tomarrow not to go potty i will need to go to the ER though. I will deffinatly keep in mind.
        thanks for any tips!!!
        stacy

Current Conditions:
        Endometriosis,1995
        IC,Feb 06
        IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
        Stomach Ulcers
        Duodenitis
        Acid Reflux
        Low Blood Sugar
        Hypothyroid
        Migrains

Surgeries
        Laporoscopy-1995
        Gaul Bladder-1996
        Laporoscopy-2005
        colonoscopy2005
        cysto/hydro-2006
        cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
        Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
        Elavil, 150 1pm
        Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
        Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
        Pyridim,100mg as needed
        Heating pad
        Ice Pack

I wish the best for all of you and hope the days with pain are few. I wish you peace and calmness... for we all need it, with out it... the pain is worse.
        Try to take the best care of you that you can. When you are not happy with the care you get dont hesitate to get the help you need. Sometimes a 2nd opinion can give the calm and peace which you are seeking.
        My prays go to all of you. For I know there are many who are have many bad days and need a shoulder.. Always remember this site, for its made a huge differance to me and many people. Here you can find the the ear your looking for when you just need to vent.
        When your not looking for Im so sorry and I have no idea what can help you. Here we understand the pains the suffereing and most of all the Constant frustration. For anyone who needs it.. I will do my best to be the ear who can listen and help how ever I can. All my best to all of you.
        Take care

Comment

I encourage you to learn how to catheterize yourself. It isn't nearly as bad if you do it yourself as it is if somebody else does it. And please don't strain! That will only make the situation worse. I hope the flomax works, but if it doesn't, there are several other meds in the same class.

Warm hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

stacey,
            donna is right, self cathing once you have the 'kanck' is very easy and not painful.... a bit of litocain<sp> gel to learn.
            The nurse in your uro office can teach you.
            Call them, tell them what you want, you have hired them, i know hard to advocate yourself whenin pain, but in your best interst to.
            I know if you have retention you are more apt to not drink as much water as you need, thus become dehydrates, that can interfere too with muscles.
            I am happy your doctrs haas give you med to start, but you do need to watch intake/voiding close make sure youuu have enough.
            if i can do it...you can too!
            hope tonight is better, daytripper

Comment

Well I just got home from the ER, it was aboput 3:30am, been there ohh about 5 hrs or so. I just couldnt pee again. I was straining and that was starting to hurt.SO i went in. It was not fun. They did the cathider, which i swear was a lot bigger then the one at the Urologist. The doctor there also called my uroligist. The ER doc wanted to leave the Cathider in till i can get to see her again tomarrow. LOL my doctors said well normaly yes its good to do it, but with me, no way.
              It hurt when they put it in and they left it in for about 30mmin. I cried the whole time. ANd movement,gave instant cramps. and sharp pains. the Doc came in and said he talke dot her, and saw i was crying, he said ok we will get it out, I waited another 10 mins before the girl came in.
              Well then,when i got there mypulse was very high like 129 So before i could leave, they had to check it, I stood up and became very dizzy, and fell backwords. I said i was going to be sick, They had to do blood preasure, and pulse 3 ways, laying flat, sitting up and laying down. when i stood up,for it, the blood presure cup keep squeezing and squeezing, my hand went numb, i was yelling get it get it off, i think I have a bruse on my arm from it. when i it did that i became so dizzy and said i was going to be sick again.
              So not only did i go ther because i couldnt pee. I ended up getting a shot in the butt forte nausia, and then pills for nausioa, and then a shot for dizziness. 5 hrs latter, I was able to go home still sick to my stomach, but i am thinking now i not eaten since 8, and just had ceareal. BUt i was getting the cold sweat, and then instantly needed to throw up.
              So tomarrow going back to teh Uroloigist. The ding dong lab tec, nurse what ever he was, wanted to put an iv in me, I aoid no way, I cant pee not, and the Er doc said no fluids-very limmited till seeing the doc tomarrow.
              he keep coming and asking why who said. Some days i cant belive the people who work there, where did they get their brains from their butts, I am thinking so.
              About the cathider, I dont know if i am ready for it. I just feel if i do that then I am to far, and not ready to except that. I have to many thing being thrown at me at once. not sure whats the best choice or the right answer.Before my uroligest,she say maybe a hysterectomy will help a lot, today i ask her and she said i dont think it will. BEfore my ob/gyn not want to do a hysterectom ans say i have no endo, and now she says i do have it and wants to do a hyserectomy.
              Its too much to handle. Plus today i went to apply for SSDI and SSi. ANd i am not sure if I will be granted these or not. BUt found it takes 4-6 months to get any responce. I cant belive it. Whats am i to do in the mean time. IF anyone have these benifits, can you tell me any important information I should really press when i see their doctor.
              thanks everyone for the info and nice words I really do appreciate it!
              stacy

Current Conditions:
              Endometriosis,1995
              IC,Feb 06
              IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
              Stomach Ulcers
              Duodenitis
              Acid Reflux
              Low Blood Sugar
              Hypothyroid
              Migrains

Surgeries
              Laporoscopy-1995
              Gaul Bladder-1996
              Laporoscopy-2005
              colonoscopy2005
              cysto/hydro-2006
              cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
              Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
              Elavil, 150 1pm
              Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
              Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
              Pyridim,100mg as needed
              Heating pad
              Ice Pack

Take care

Comment

When I learned to catheterize myself it was after an extremely uncomfortable drive to our local emergency room because I could not urinate (we live in the country). I decided right then that I had no intention of going through that again and learned to do it myself. Try thinking about it this way: If you can do it yourself, you won't ever have to spend five hours in ER, dealing with medical personnel you don't know --- plus you won't have the painful time you had before you were desperate enough to go there.

Hopefully this won't happen again.

Warm hugs,
                Donna
                Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

HI everyone-good new, I can pee again,lol YEA!!! I never imagin I would have to say these words or be exceited about peeing!!! It was little hard this moring had to bare down to go, but this afternoon I went, and it was not to bad at all, almost compleatly normal.
                  Funny thing though. The ER doc said go to your Urologist first thing in the morning, but she didnt want to see me, I called her, talked tot eh nurse, told her what happend and was able to go this morning, she called back, said just take the Flowmax, and take a warm bath if it happends again somethinges it helps. But thats all she said to do.
                  I am wondering now if i need a differant Urologist. She really doesnt offer any real help. She did the Instilations in the summer, and it didnt work after 4 sessions, it just made the pain worse. THe only systicocpe I had done was from a differant urologist, he diagnosed me but didnt except my insurance so i had to change doctors. SO she never had doneoneand I have not had one done in over a year now. Every time i metion it she acts liek she doesnt want to do it or that it will not really help.
                  Tomarrow I go down to Ann Arbor, and I am to see jsut a ob/gyn, but i am going to have to stress how both of these condiotions are making me crazy. Maybe they will send me to a urologist there. If not I Am not going to waste my time there. My urologist said to me well if at Ann Arbor they do a laporoscopy, which i hope not jsut ahd one done in 05, then they can do the cystescope then.
                  But on a better note. I am able to go potty now and thats a big relief!!!
                  hope you all are well, take care.
                  stacy

Current Conditions:
                  Endometriosis,1995
                  IC,Feb 06
                  IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
                  Stomach Ulcers
                  Duodenitis
                  Acid Reflux
                  Low Blood Sugar
                  Hypothyroid
                  Migrains

Surgeries
                  Laporoscopy-1995
                  Gaul Bladder-1996
                  Laporoscopy-2005
                  colonoscopy2005
                  cysto/hydro-2006
                  cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
                  Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
                  Elavil, 150 1pm
                  Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
                  Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
                  Pyridim,100mg as needed
                  Heating pad
                  Ice Pack

Take care

Comment

I had the problem of retention for a long time. Everyone is right, it is so important not to strain. My hubby would hear me sometimes and remind me not to strain and I would get so irritated with him. But I understand when you need to go you can't help it. Hot baths do help.

I found that if I go to the bathroom as soon as I feel the urge, I have better luck. Sometimes, I am busy and try to hold it. I always pay the price for that since it would send me into spasms which then caused pain and the vicious cycle would get started.

I am one of those people that can't cath myself. When I have it done at the doctor's office, I am like you, I cry even with the smallest caths. I always end up in a flare for a couple days as well. They tried the instills last fall and the next day I was a wreck and leaving tearful pleading messages on the nurse's line. My pain was so strong even on my pain meds that I really didn't think I would ever be normal again! My doctor told me then that I was not a candidate for instills.

Hugs

Comment

Thanks tracy,
                      Im glad to know i am not the only one who just cant manage to Cath. I will keep the hot baths in mind.
                      thanks!
                      stacy

Current Conditions:
                      Endometriosis,1995
                      IC,Feb 06
                      IBS-C

Prenecious Anemia
                      Stomach Ulcers
                      Duodenitis
                      Acid Reflux
                      Low Blood Sugar
                      Hypothyroid
                      Migrains

Surgeries
                      Laporoscopy-1995
                      Gaul Bladder-1996
                      Laporoscopy-2005
                      colonoscopy2005
                      cysto/hydro-2006
                      cysto/hydro-2007

endoscope-2007

Meds:
                      Elmiron,100mg 2am 2pm
                      Elavil, 150 1pm
                      Prilosec,20mg 1am 1pm
                      Zoloft,100mg 1 pm
                      Pyridim,100mg as needed
                      Heating pad
                      Ice Pack

Take care

Comment

Working...
                      X