X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Thanks Babs,
    I know it's good that he's going to look at it from ever angle and make sure that I really have IC but since I really think I do it's just frustrating to have to wait 2 weeks to have the in office cyto before we do anything else. I feel like it's going to be forever before I get to move a few inches. Trying to be patient though.

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    I have debris nearly everytime I go, and mine is bladder lining. I'm glad this guy is at the very least willing to turn over all the stones...hang in there.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Nope, I've never had any kidney problems, my back is always killing me but it's my lower back, not my kidneys. I have never been able to see the debris in my urine myself but obviously they could see it in the office today.

Leave a comment:

• Bessie
    replied
    I am glad they are going to do the cystoscopy to find out what is going on. I also have had debris in my urine at times, sometimes little white pieces and sometimes little black pepper flakes. Do you ever get kidney stones? I have had them before and I usually will notice the debris in my urine during those episodes. Sorry you are feeling bad with the other stuff too.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    started a topic First Visit w/ Uro today

First Visit w/ Uro today

Well I had my first visit with a uro today. I'm not really sure what to think about how it went.
    He seems really nice and listened to my history with my endo and my gyn diagnoising me with IC. He said that I am a "complex case" because of my endo that grew through my bladder in 2003 so he's not sure that I actually have IC or if it's just endo related.
    He wants to do an in office cystoscopy to make sure that there isn't anything else wrong with my bladder like endo or anything. I did ask him about doing one in the hospital w/ hydro and he said that he considers it the "gold standard" in diagnosising IC so it is something to consider after we see what the in office cystoscopy shows.
    He was very understanding about the fact that I'm in pain all of the time but I didn't feel like I could ask him for pain meds since he's not even saying I have IC for sure at this point.
    They did take a urine sample and when he looked at it he said that he saw a "few bacteria" and that there was debris in it. My mother was freaked out when I told her about the debris but I'm guessing that if I do have IC, then this is pieces of my bladder lining coming out in my urine? I'm still pretty sure that I have IC, I just think that he wants to make sure because of my endo which is fine w/ me.
    Guess we'll just have to wait until the 27th for the in office cystoscopy and see where we go from there.
    Did I mention that I have horrible diarrehea that hasn't really gone away since Sunday so now I have to go to another doctor's appointment later on this afternoon for that.
    The fun never ends
Working...
X