Hi everyone! I'm Back!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone! I'm Back!!!!!!

It feels good to be on the ol' boards again. The last month has been crazy but those of you wonderful gals who have been keeping up with my soap opera life:

I got released this week from my doctor so I will be attempting to return to work on Monday. Please, please pray for ME!!!

My IC and PFD are finally going back to their pre-surgical state, praise the Lord Almighty! But unfortunately my ding dang ovaries have shut down so now I am a 33 yr old menopausal woman , like things could get worse. I am now trying various HRT's until we find one that works for me.

My anxiety and depression have really gotten better. Effexor XR is working just beautifully for me, I suppose and my family hasn't killed me yet so I am still counting my many blessings.

Of course, being out of work over the last 2 months has been the financial struggle I never dreamed it would be. We are currently working towards a debt consolidation to ease the collection phone calls

This has been such a struggle for me and I just wanted to thank each of you for all your kind words and many prayers. I know that God will take care of me and my family as He does each of His childeren. Through my battle with IC, cancer and now menopause I know that we should live each day to it's very fullest. There are so many times that I just have to lay in my chair all day out of pain and exhaustion but we never know how long we are given on this earth. Love your friends, family and neighbors and tell them so, often.

God bless each of you-
    Wendi
    IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
    Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
    Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
    I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

It's so good to see you!

Wendi,

It's wonderful to see you again!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend, physically, emotionally, and financally! How great that you are going back to work!

You are one very strong woman. I'm so proud to know you!

I will send along some prayers as you slide back to work. I will pray for a smooth transition and continued good health!

Big Hugs to You!

Kara
    Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
    http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Welcome Back!!!!
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Welcome Back!

Hi Wendi, So glad to see that you're back and that you're on the mend! I wish you luck going back to work, hopefully it will go smoothly for you. Thanx for sharing, I was wondering how you were doing! Keep us posted!
        Thank You all so much to everyone here for all your sharing, caring and support!
        < My "Bear"
        CurrentTreatments:
        Started herbal teas 6/2/06 Marshmallow root, comfrey root, and catnip. 6/25/06 added Mullein Leaf Powder to tea.
        IC Diet
        Hydroxyzine 50 or 100mg at night (Is restarted)
        Zoloft 100mg 4/8/07 (Is restarted)
        Klonopin 1/2 mg 4 X Day (started 3/17/07)
        Past Treatments: Amitriptyline, Neurontin, Hytrin, Heparin instills (was Dc'd after 5 weekly tx's due to severe urethritis), Superior hypogastric plexus block, E-stim, Elmiron instills (started 4/18/06-Dc'd 5/30/06 due to severe urethritis/infection requiring foley cath @ home 4 days), Oxycontin (oxycodone) (4/18/06)-pain (Dc'd 5/31/06), Levsin S/L (hyoscyamine) (3/17/06)-antispasmotic (Dc'd 5/31/06), Elmiron (1/24/06)-(Dc'd 6/25/06), Prelief, Zanaflex 4mg for PFD (Dc'd 10/1/06), CystaQ 1 in am & 1 in pm with food(started 5/12/06-increased to 2 in am & 1 in pm 9/20/06---Dc'd 10/18/06), Lyrica (started 10/26/06 up to 600 mg-Dc'd 12/4/06 due to urinary retention), Vicodin (hydrocodone) ES PRN for pain (Dc'd 1/4/07); Cymbalta 30mg (start 1/17/07) up to 60mg in am (1/26/07) (D/c'd 3/17/07); Ativan 1mg(Lorazepam)- PRN Anxiety (changed to Klonopin 1/2mg 4Xday 3/17/07); Pyridium (phenazopyridine) PRN-bladder analgesic; MSM (6/12/06) 1000mg after breakfast & dinner (Dc'd 3/15/07); Acidophilus (Natrol) 100mg. 1 capsule 1/2 hour before breakfast (5/20/06) (Dc'd 3/17/07)

Added BACK in - Atarax (hydroxyzine) (started 4/6/06 Dc'd 5/31/06) Restart 50mg at night 8/18/06, up to 100mg at night 1/4/07. Zoloft 100mg-Depression (Dc'd 7/25/06) Restart 4/8/07) 100mg.
        Dx'd: Dec 05 (Positive PST in November and positive cystoscopy in Dec) Symptoms: Pain, frequency, urgency & retention

My Myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/42620225

Comment

Thanks gals!

You all are the greatest!
          I swear, I don't know where I would be w/o my support team!!!:woohoo:

I don't know how my transition back to the work force is going to be. I am trying to be positive but really know how hard it is going to be. My boss refuses to let me start back part-time. So basically we have decided that if I come back and things don't work out then I will file on the long term disability policy. There is a 90 day wait period but I have already satisfied over 60 days of it so..... at least I have a back up plan.

I hope that everyone is doing well today. It is nice to have some alone time this morning. Hubby took our daughter to a soccer camp this morning so I am just hanging out. I am REALLY going to miss this next week!!!
          Wendi
          IC symptoms began in 1975; diagnosed in March 2006.
          Other conditions: PFD, Migraine, VV, Total Abd Hysterectormy on 12/27,06 for Cervical Cancer, Fibromyalgia.
          Current Daily Meds: Roxicet, Methadone, Flexoril, Flomax
          I use Prayer, Yoga, Relaxation Breathing and TENS to help relieve stress, anxiety and pain- LOTS of make up to hide my true identity!

myspace page:www.myspace.com/armslee

Comment

Good to see you back!! We missed you around here! I am glad that you are on the mend. Hope the Hormones start kicking in and you get to feeling better. I hope and pray that your return to work goes smoothly and you will be flare free. Hugs, Amy

Comment

Wendi,
              So glad to see you back! We've missed you. I'm glad you survived the hysterectomy and on a brighter note, I had my hysterctomy at 32 and because of my clotting issues was not able to take hormones at all and went through menopause with nothing. Initially I thought I would die during that period but some really great thing happened and I learned alot. The night sweats and insomnia were the hardest on me. My doc prescribed Clonidine(or Catapres)for the symptoms. It is normally used for blood pressure(I don't have HBP)but helped alot. I also only had symptoms for a few months as well. I wish your boss was behaving like a decent guy, phooey on him. Please know if you need to vent I am here.

Hugs,
              Barb
              (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
              :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
              :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
              I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
              PCOS 7/85
              RSD 7/94 :headbang:
              Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
              Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
              Kidney stones--too many to count
              Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
              IC 6/03 :evilsmile
              Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
              "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
              "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Welcome Back
                Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

Wendi,
                  Great to see you back here! I do hope that you are feeling better and can continue to do so. Sorry about the HRT, but hopefully you will find the right mix very soon!!

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
                  ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
                  back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

Welcome Back.
                    Take it easy on yourself the first week back to work. The first week is always the hardest.

Ginny

Comment

welcome back
                      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Happy to have you back!

Comment

Working...
                        X