Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Hope it clears up, Moonheart. I just got the scrip, now I'm trying to figure out what lab I'm allowed to use under our new insurance! At the rate this is going, it may take another day before I actually get to go pee in a cup

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Originally posted by N'importe Qui
    So true! I really do hope it's an infection! I'm not sure I really see the point of the self-test strips, though, bc. if it's positive, then you still have to go to the doctor to get the prescription. If it's going to cost me $10.00 to get the test strips, and $15.00 to go to the doctor, I figure I might as well just go to the doctor. They'll usually write a scrip for antiobiotics based on symptoms while they're waiting for the lab results; also, the lab tests are a lot more specific about what type of bacteria you have, etc.

I slept for about three hours this afternoon and I feel like a new woman. Well, okay, really I feel like a 107 year old, sickly old crone, but I feel like a new 107 year old, sickly old crone!

I think getting the sleep in was critical, but I also think I've been stressing internally for the last several weeks over my decision to apply for SSD. I was, internally, very conflicted about it. I know it's not possible for me to work, but I hated to basically retire at the age of 40. It felt like I was somehow giving up, or giving in. But now that I've submitted all my forms and had my intake interview, I know this is what I'm doing and I'm at peace about it. So I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders (of course, I put the weight there myself, but that's probably not uncommon). I'm in less pain and my muscles are less tense (but my pee is still stinky ).
    I'm right there with you. I've been going through the same thing. I think I'm about at the point where I am ready to make that final decision though.

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    So true! I really do hope it's an infection! I'm not sure I really see the point of the self-test strips, though, bc. if it's positive, then you still have to go to the doctor to get the prescription. If it's going to cost me $10.00 to get the test strips, and $15.00 to go to the doctor, I figure I might as well just go to the doctor. They'll usually write a scrip for antiobiotics based on symptoms while they're waiting for the lab results; also, the lab tests are a lot more specific about what type of bacteria you have, etc.

I slept for about three hours this afternoon and I feel like a new woman. Well, okay, really I feel like a 107 year old, sickly old crone, but I feel like a new 107 year old, sickly old crone!

I think getting the sleep in was critical, but I also think I've been stressing internally for the last several weeks over my decision to apply for SSD. I was, internally, very conflicted about it. I know it's not possible for me to work, but I hated to basically retire at the age of 40. It felt like I was somehow giving up, or giving in. But now that I've submitted all my forms and had my intake interview, I know this is what I'm doing and I'm at peace about it. So I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders (of course, I put the weight there myself, but that's probably not uncommon). I'm in less pain and my muscles are less tense (but my pee is still stinky ).

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    So true Donna..

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Only an IC patient would be thankful it's "just" an infection!

Hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I hope you feel better soon, it does sound like an infection, esp with the urine having a smell to it.. Hope everything goes well tom at drs..

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    Sorry you are feeling so rough! Like the others, I hope you have an infection and it can be easily treated so you will start feeling better! (It still sounds weird to write that! LOL!) Sending you big hugs, Amy

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    I comp. understand how hard it is to tell the difference. I just got over one that was so bad it took awhile to get over. But I think I had it for weeks and did not realize it. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Well, in a way, I hope you have an infection... weird to say, I know, but at least if it is an infection, it will go away with antibiotics. A flare could last who knows how long... *sigh* It is sad when we wish it's an infection, huh?

Hope you feel better soon

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    send mine too will ya.. cvs has test strips they are 3 for 10.00

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    started a topic Think I have a UTI

Think I have a UTI

Just what I need, right? It's hard to tell, since most of us have the symptoms of a UTI all the time, but I've noticed a substantial increase in frequency over the last couple of days, and my urine smells bad (was that TMI?).

I'm going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow to get a culture; I just cannot manage it today. I'm exhausted from my two hours of sleep last night, and in pain from my three hours of sitting in the Disability Office this morning (see my post under Disability Q & A, if you care).

God, I just want a break from all this! I'd like to send my bladder off on its own little vacation, maybe
Working...
X