Question about flare ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about flare ups

Hi everyone, when someone eats a certain food that triggers a "flare Up", generally how long after you have the food does the flare start? I am recently diagnosed and am trying to examine my diet and figure out when I get a flare up what is causing it. Thanks and God bless you all!
    "love one another as I have loved you" Luke 22:1-38

Usually if I eat something "bad" it will take a day or two before I get a flare, and then may last 2-4days. Sometimes though, like with caffine, it will start right away but just w/ lots of urgency. Its hard to figure out sometimes. If I'm having a flare, I think back about a week or so to what I've eaten. You might be best to start w/ a really strict IC diet then try adding certain foods in. For me, I can eat pizza or salsa, or sometimes even lasagna (not two days in a row though), but a bite of spaghetti or chili will have me flaring for days!! Or I can drink one glass of tea, but not two. The key to most of it is moderation. I love chocolate and was having some everyday w/ no bothers, but then I just kept eating more and more, and bam! flare! I'll learn one of these days-lol! Good Luck! Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks meme

Thanks Meme! Seems a lot of "trial and error" with this silly IC business! The worst foods for me so far are OJ, and berries. Of course I love these 2 things! Any suggestions of juices that might be less acidic? I am so tired of water! But, I can drink wine without problem so I am VERY happy for that!:woohoo:
      "love one another as I have loved you" Luke 22:1-38

Comment

Working...
      X